This sweet Mushroom Hot Cocoa has added health benefits from mushroom powder, but you would never know it!
Recently, I have been adding performance mushroom powder to my morning coffee. You can't taste it at all, and I love the health benefits it adds.
So I thought I would create a hot cocoa recipe using mushrooms. You would never know there's mushroom powder in it.
This vegan hot cocoa tastes like any other but with the added benefits of mushrooms. Mushroom powder is also good in a Smoothie Booster.
Another hot cocoa to try is my Spiced Hot Cocoa. It is rich and creamy with warming spices.
❤️ Why You'll Love It
- It's made in minutes.
- It has the added benefits of mushroom powder without sacrificing flavor.
- It is sweet, rich, and creamy.
- Unsweetened almond milk: I used unsweetened because I like to control the amount of sugar. You could use any dairy-free milk.
- Cacao powder: I love raw cacao powder for its rich chocolate flavor, but you could also use cocoa powder.
- Mushroom powder: I used a blend of mushroom powders, but you could use a single variety.
- Maple syrup: Adds a sweet maple flavor. You could also use agave syrup or your favorite sweetener.
- Vanilla extract: Enhances flavors.
- Cinnamon: Adds a warm spice flavor.
This is an overview of the ingredients. To see the full list of ingredients with measurements and instructions, see the recipe card at the bottom of this post.
5 Secrets to Transforming Tofu
FREE 5 part email series to help you cook tofu like a pro.
We respect your privacy. Unsubscribe at any time.
Step 1: Bring ingredients to a simmer in a small saucepan over medium heat.
Step 2: Reduce the heat to low. Simmer while whisking until the cacao and mushroom powder are dissolved.
- Whipped coconut cream
- Store-bought vegan whipped cream
- Grated chocolate
- Vegan marshmallows
- Cinnamon stick
- Pinch of cacao powder (or cocoa powder)
👩🏻🍳 Recipe FAQs
Mushroom hot cocoa is hot cocoa with mushroom powder. You can't taste the mushroom powder. It is creamy and flavorful with the added benefits of the mushroom powder.
Yes, this vegan mushroom hot cocoa has the added benefits of a mushroom powder blend. It is healthy and flavorful.
If you tried this Mushroom Hot Cocoa Recipe or any other recipe on my website, please leave a ⭐️ star rating and let me know how you like it in the 💬 comments below. I love hearing from you!
Mushroom Hot Cocoa
- Bring cacao powder, mushroom powder, maple syrup, vanilla extract, cinnamon, and almond milk to a simmer in a small saucepan over medium heat.
- Reduce the heat to low. Simmer for 5 minutes, whisking constantly until the cacao and mushroom powder is dissolved.
*Note: Nutrition information should be considered an estimate only. Different nutrition calculators give you different results.