This rich and creamy Spiced Hot Cocoa is spiced with ginger, cinnamon, allspice, and cardamon.
Nothing is more comforting than a mug of hot cocoa on a cold winter day.
This Spiced Hot Cocoa, hot cocoa has spices to add another dimension to this seasonal drink.
Another recipe to try is my Vegan Spiced Mocha Latte.
❤️ Why You'll Love It
- It's quick and easy to make.
- It's a fun twist on a classic.
- It's chocolaty and flavorful.
- Cacao powder (or cocoa powder): Adds a chocolaty flavor.
- Maple syrup: Adds sweetness. You could also use agave syrup or simple syrup.
- Vanilla extract: Enhances flavors.
- Ground ginger, cinnamon, allspice, and cardamom: Add warming spices.
- Salt: Enhances sweetness.
- Almond milk: I used unsweetened almond milk. You could also use my almond milk recipe using almond flour.
This is an overview of the ingredients. To see the full list of ingredients with measurements and instructions, see the recipe card at the bottom of this post.
5 Secrets to Vegan Cooking
Free 5 Part Email Series to Elevate Your Vegan Cooking
We respect your privacy. Unsubscribe at any time.
Step 1: Bring ingredients to a simmer in a small saucepan over medium heat.
Step 2: Reduce the heat to low. Simmer while whisking constantly until the cacao is dissolved.
- Whipped coconut cream
- Store-bought vegan whipped cream
- Grated chocolate
- Vegan marshmallows
- Cinnamon stick
- Pinch of cacao powder (or cocoa powder)
👩🏻🍳 Recipe FAQs
They are about the same health-wise. Hot cocoa is made with cocoa powder (or cacao powder), and hot chocolate is made with chocolate. Both have sugar.
This hot cocoa is vegan because it is made with almond milk.
Other Vegan Drinks
If you tried this Spiced Hot Cocoa Recipe or any other recipe on my website, please leave a ⭐️ star rating and let me know how you like it in the 💬 comments below. I love hearing from you!
Spiced Hot Cocoa
- Bring cacao powder, vanilla extract, maple syrup, ground ginger, cinnamon, allspice, nutmeg, salt, and almond milk to a simmer in a small saucepan over medium heat.
- Reduce the heat to low. Simmer for 5 minutes, whisking constantly until the cacao is dissolved.
*Note: Nutrition information should be considered an estimate only. Different nutrition calculators give you different results.