Give your smoothie an added nutritional boost with this Smoothie Booster. Customize it to suit your needs.
I don't know about you, but I am always adding superfoods to my smoothies. Recently I realized how time consuming it is opening up all the containers each time I make a smoothie.
I decided to save myself time by combining all of them into a mason jar so that I only have one container to open. Think of it as meal prepping smoothie addition.
The mixture below represents what I am currently putting into my smoothie, minus my all-in-one shake. I left it out because you probably use a different one or none at all.
I am constantly changing or tweaking what I put into my smoothie, as you probably do too. So this recipe is more of a guide to inspire you. You can omit or add whatever you like.
Why These Ingredients?
- Cacao powder - for taste and antioxidants
- Chia seeds - for omega 3's, protein, and fiber
- Mushroom powder - for immune support
- Maca - for energy and stamina (also tastes great in a maca latte recipe)
- Matcha green tea - for the antioxidants, slow caffeine release, and numerous other benefits
- Ground ginger - for taste and anti-inflammatory properties
- Turmeric - for anti-inflammatory properties
The ingredients I've included in this recipe have many benefits. I put the main reasons that I take them.
You may want to do your own research on their benefits. I am not a doctor or in the medical field.
Mix cacao powder, chia seeds, mushroom powder, maca, matcha green tea, ground ginger, and turmeric with a whisk or fork to get out clumps.
Variations / Additions
- Protein powder or an all-in-one shake
- Flax seeds
- Hemp seeds
- Beet powder
- Probiotic powder (store in the fridge if using)
- Spirulina or chlorella
- Nutritional yeast (It adds a cheesy flavor - so don't use too much. I've used it recently. If you have enough fruit you can't really taste it.)
- Use a wide mouth jar so that you can get a scoop in and out.
- To figure out how much you'll be using per serving, just mix 1 serving's worth into a bowl and measure it. Then, add in each ingredient by multiplying by the number of days you want to have stocked up. (This is may sound obvious, but I figured I'd write out my process just in case it isn't.)
*Don't forget to come back and leave your feedback and star rating.
Affiliate links below. We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
For 1 Serving
- 2 tablespoons cacao powder
- 2 tablespoons chia seeds
- 1 teaspoon mushroom powder
- 1 teaspoon maca powder
- 1 teaspoon matcha green tea powder
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- ½ teaspoon turmeric
For 8 Servings
- 1 cup cacao powder
- 1 cup chia seeds
- 8 teaspoons mushroom powder
- 8 teaspoons maca
- 8 teaspoons matcha green tea powder
- 8 teaspoons ground ginger
- 4 teaspoons turmeric
- Mix all ingredients with a fork or whisk to get the clumps out.
- Store in an airtight container. To add to a smoothie, scoop out using a ⅓ cup measuring cup.
*Note: Nutrition information should be considered an estimate only. Different nutrition calculators give you different results.
Leave a Reply