This Vegan Pumpkin Spice Latte is a great way to sneak some veggies into your diet! It is perfect for cold days!
Getting on the pumpkin puree in my coffee bandwagon was pretty easy because I like to sneak veggies in where I can. Not to mention, pumpkin has such a mild flavor that it is not overwhelming.
I have even made this Vegan Pumpkin Spice Latte with sweet potato puree by accident! It's happened to me a couple of times where I think that I am buying pumpkin puree, then come to find out when I get home, or by the time I open the can, that it is in fact sweet potato puree instead.
You'd think that after the first time that I would have learned. Maybe I could start a new trend - Sweet Potato Latte. To be honest, it tasted pretty similar to the pumpkin version.This Vegan Pumpkin Spice Latte is a great way to sneak some veggies into your diet! Click To Tweet
This is an overview of the ingredients. To see the full list of ingredients with measurements and instructions, see the recipe card at the bottom of this post.
- Coffee: I like cold brew coffee because it is less acidic.
- Pumpkin purée: Cooked pumpkin purée adds a creamy texture and sweet flavor. Make sure it is not pumpkin pie filling! Pie filling has sugar and spices in it.
- Pumpkin pie spice: For its warming spices.
- Vanilla extract: Adds flavor and enhances the other flavors.
- Coconut milk: I used full fat coconut milk because its thick, rich, and creamy.
- Almond milk: For taste and creaminess.
- Stevia: To keep it sugar free, but you could use your favorite sweetener.
Mix ⅓ of your brewed coffee with the rest of ingredients in a high speed blender or Nutribullet (hot ingredients do not do well in a Nutribullet) to make it frothy. Alternatively, you can heat all ingredients in a saucepan on the stove.
Other Winter Squash Recipes
This vegan latte will not only warm you up, but give you a recipe to use that little bit of pumpkin purée that's left in the can. If you're just opening the can, then see the links above for other recipes to use it in.
*Don't forget to come back and leave your feedback and star rating.
Affiliate links below. We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
🧂 You May Need
Vegan Pumpkin Spice Latte
- Mix about ⅓ of the coffee and the rest of the ingredients in a Nutribullet or blender. Add to the rest of the coffee. Alternatively, you can heat all the ingredients in a pan on the stove, and mix thoroughly.
*Note: Nutrition information should be considered an estimate only. Different nutrition calculators give you different results.
If you are gluten free you may want to avoid coffee altogether. I personally have never had a problem drinking it, and I have a gluten intolerance. It is probably because I drink whole bean organic coffee, and grind it myself.
I learned after posting my Vegan Bulletproof Coffee from some readers on Facebook that it can be problematic for people who don't tolerate gluten. So I did some research and one article mentioned to try organic whole bean coffee because it isn't highly processed causing cross-reactivity issues.
So please do the research yourself, and test it out. I try to only post recipes that are 100% gluten free since I have a gluten intolerance. I am really careful about avoiding gluten in my daily life, so this was all news to me.