These homemade Peanut Butter Caramel Apples are super easy to make. Roll them in your favorite toppings to add another layer of flavor.
Nothing says Fall like caramel apples. Peanut Butter Caramel Apples take that idea a step further.
Here, I dipped Gala apples in a mixture of melted peanut butter and sweetened condensed coconut milk, then dipped them in either chopped peanuts, dark chocolate chunks, or shredded coconut. Some I left plain.
My favorite topping was the dark chocolate chunks. It was the least photogenic, but man was it good!
Another apple recipe for fall is Apple Oatmeal Cookies. They are healthy enough to eat any time of the day.
A fun recipe for Halloween is my Vegan Mummy Dogs recipe.
This is an overview of the ingredients. To see the full list of ingredients with measurements and instructions, see the recipe card at the bottom of this post.
- Sweetened condensed coconut milk: Adds a sweet, rich flavor.
- Peanut butter: I used natural peanut butter, but the shelf stable kind should work too.
- Salt: To bring out the sweet flavor.
- Apples: I used Gala, but you could use Granny Smith, Golden Delicious apples, Gala, Honeycrisp, Braeburn, or your favorite.
- Chopped peanuts: For some crunch and saltiness.
- Chopped dark chocolate: To add a bitter sweet flavor.
- Shredded coconut: For some crunch and coconut flavor.
5 Secrets to Transforming Tofu
FREE 5 part email series to help you cook tofu like a pro.
We respect your privacy. Unsubscribe at any time.
- Heat peanut butter, sweetened condensed coconut milk, and salt in a pan. Bring to a simmer. Turn off the heat.
- Stick a popsicle stick into each apple. Dip apples one by one into peanut butter mixture. Then roll into chopped peanuts, dark chocolate chunks, or shredded coconut.
- Place in the fridge to set. Store in the fridge.
These vegan caramel apples will last up to 5 days in an airtight container in the fridge.
- Freeze fried fruit
- Other chopped nuts: pistachios, almonds, walnuts, pecans
- Oat grahams
- Vegan candy
- Vegan mini marshmallows
- Crushed cookies
- When mixing the peanut butter and sweetened condensed coconut milk, only cook it until it simmers, then turn off the heat. You just want the mixture mixed and melted together.
- A pinch of salt balances out the sweetness.
- One by one, dip each apple into the mixture, then right away roll into the topping.
- You can heat the mixture some more if needed.
- For best results, let set overnight in the fridge to harden. Store in the fridge.
🍂 Other Vegan Fall Desserts
Kids and adults alike will love these Peanut Butter Caramel Apples! They are perfect for a Fall or Halloween party.
*Don't forget to come back and leave your feedback and star rating.
Peanut Butter Caramel Apples
- Popsicle sticks
- Chopped peanuts
- Chopped dark chocolate chunks
- Shredded coconut
- Pour sweetened condensed coconut milk, peanut butter, and one pinch of salt into a saucepan over medium heat. Stir well to combine. Stirring constantly, bring to a simmer. Turn off heat.
- Stick a popsicle stick into each apple. Dip apples one by one into peanut butter mixture, then roll in chopped peanuts, dark chocolate chunks, or shredded coconut, if desired. Place in the fridge overnight to set. Store in the fridge.
*Note: Nutrition information should be considered an estimate only. Different nutrition calculators give you different results.