These decadent Melt-In-Your-Mouth Mexican Chocolate Truffles are sweet, rich, and creamy. They make a great gift!
These Mexican Chocolate Truffles melt in your mouth and leave you wanting more. Bite into one and you'll be addicted!
I don't know if it was such a brilliant idea because I've been indulging in them after almost every meal! They are too good to resist.
If you like homemade gifts for the holidays, these dark chocolate truffles are the ones to make. They would make a wonderful hostess gift.
If you make them for a party, they will be the first thing to disappear.
❤️ Why You'll Love Them
- They're sweet and rich with warm spices.
- They are simple and easy to make.
- They make a great gift.
- Chocolate chips: I used semi-sweet chocolate chips. You could also use dark chocolate baking chunks.
- Coconut milk: Full-fat coconut milk is best for this recipe.
- Cinnamon, nutmeg, cayenne pepper: Add spicy warming flavor.
- Vanilla extract: Enhances flavor.
- Salt: Enhances flavor.
- Cacao powder: For rolling truffles in. You could also use cocoa powder.
To see the full list of ingredients with measurements and instructions, see the recipe card at the bottom of this post.
Sign Up For My Newsletter
Get a FREE Vegan Mexican Recipes eBook as a welcome gift!
Unsubscribe at any time.
Step 1: Pour coconut milk into a saucepan.
Step 2: Place a heatproof bowl on top of the saucepan. Pour chocolate chips into the bowl. (If you have a double boiler, use that.)
Step 3: Heat on medium heat until chocolate is melted. Remove from the heat.
Step 4: Pour coconut milk into the bowl with chocolate.
Step 5: Mix until smooth.
Step 6: Add salt.
Step 7: Add cinnamon, nutmeg, and cayenne pepper.
Step 8: Add vanilla extract.
Step 9: Stir to combine.
Step 10: Pour the chocolate mixture into a baking dish. Cover and place in the fridge to set.
Step 11: Using a melon baller or ice cream spoon, scoop out the mixture.
Step 12: Roll the mixture into balls. Roll each ball in cacao powder. Store in the fridge.
- You don't need to melt the chocolate chips completely because the coconut milk will do that when you add it to the chocolate.
- Mix until there are no lumps. Use a fork or whisk if necessary.
- Add spices to your liking.
- Don't forget the salt! It brings out the sweetness of the chocolate and adds balance.
👩🏻🍳 Recipe FAQs
These Mexican chocolate truffles are made with chocolate chips, coconut milk, and spices.
If you tried this Mexican Chocolate Truffles Recipe or any other recipe on my website, please leave a ⭐️ star rating and let me know how you like it in the 💬 comments below. I love hearing from you!
These vegan dark chocolate truffles are an easy no-bake treat for the holidays!
Melt-In-Your-Mouth Mexican Chocolate Truffles
- Pour coconut milk in a saucepan on stovetop. Place chocolate chips in a heatproof bowl and place over coconut milk. This will act as a double boiler (or use a double boiler if you have one). Heat on medium heat until coconut milk comes to a simmer, and chocolate chips are melted slightly.
- Remove both from the heat, and pour coconut milk over chocolate chips to finish melting. Mix until smooth.
- Add cinnamon, nutmeg, cayenne pepper, vanilla extract, and salt. Mix thoroughly. Pour into an 7 ½" x 9 ½" glass baking dish, or similar size. Cover and put in the refrigerator to set.
- Once mixture is set, use a melon baller, spoon, or ice cream scoop to form balls. Roll balls in your hands, then into cacao powder. Refrigerate.
*Note: Nutrition information should be considered an estimate only. Different nutrition calculators give you different results.