These spooky Vegan Gluten Free Mummy Dogs have a secret ingredient that they are wrapped in. They are perfect for Halloween!
Whether you are throwing a Halloween bash, or you want something festive to make with the kiddies, these Vegan Gluten Free Mummy Dogs are a quick and easy meal.
Can you tell from the photos what I used to wrap the mummys? The secret ingredient to make these mummy dogs is rice paper spring roll wrappers! I think they look a lot like the linen used to wrap mummies in.
They are fun and festive. If I had kids, I would make these with them. They are really easy to make, especially once you are accustomed to working with spring roll wrappers.
- Vegan hot dogs: I used jumbo sized hot dogs, but you could use any size vegan hot dogs.
- Rice paper spring roll wrappers: You could use white or brown rice spring roll wrappers.
- Ketchup and mustard: For the eyes and dipping. Finely cut black olives and mayo would also work well for eyes.
This is an overview of the ingredients. To see the full list of ingredients with measurements and instructions, see the recipe card at the bottom of this post.
📖 Variations / Additions
- Black olives and vegan mayo for the eyes
- Vegan cheese for the eyes
- Vegan puff pastry or crescent roll dough
5 Secrets to Transforming Tofu
FREE 5 part email series to help you cook tofu like a pro.
We respect your privacy. Unsubscribe at any time.
Step 1: Dip each spring roll wrapper into the hot water until it is pliable.
Step 2: Slice spring roll wrappers on a cutting board.
Step 3: Carefully wrap a cooked hot dog with the spring roll wrapper.
Step 4: Using a toothpick make the eyes with mustard and ketchup.
For spring roll wrappers, it is best to make them right before serving. If you need to make them ahead of time you could wrap them individually in plastic wrap to prevent the hot dogs from sticking to each other and tearing the spring roll wrapper. Then they should last a couple of days.
👩🏻🍳 Recipe FAQs
For this vegan gluten-free recipe, I used spring roll wrappers.
Add this recipe to your vegan Halloween menu and watch the kid's faces light up with delight!
If you tried this Vegan Mummy Dogs Recipe or any other recipe on my website, please leave a ⭐️ star rating and let me know how you like it in the 💬 comments below. I love hearing from you!
Vegan Gluten Free Mummy Dogs
- Cook vegan hot dogs per instructions (boil, grill, or microwave).
- Heat some water in a pan on the stove, or in the microwave to the point that it is hot but you can still dip your fingers in it. Pour the hot water into a large shallow container.
- Dip a sheet of rice paper wrapper in the hot water to make it pliable. Using a scissors or knife, cut the rice paper into thin strips.*
- Take one strip and wrap a vegan hot dog. Repeat with the rest of the strips, rewetting them if necessary.
- Repeat with the other sheet of rice paper and vegan hot dog.
- Using mustard or ketchup, make eyes using a toothpick. Reheat vegan hot dogs in the microwave if necessary.
*Note: Nutrition information should be considered an estimate only. Different nutrition calculators give you different results.