This rich sweet Vegan Eggnog French Toast recipe doesn't even need maple syrup it is so good! Made in 15 minutes, it is perfect for the holidays.
I love this time of the year because the makers of soymilk and coconut milk put out one of my favorite seasonal drinks - vegan nog. I love the taste of it so much that I finally got around to making my own.
Of course, I am biased, but I think the homemade version is much better. It has freshly ground nutmeg and half a vanilla bean in it that takes it over the top.
This is the time to stock up on those seasonal drinks before the shelves go bare. I have three seasonal flavors in my fridge right now, including mint chocolate, nog, and pumpkin spice. So maybe I will get around to making some more recipes with them.
I recently made a Mint Chocolate Chip Smoothie with the mint chocolate seasonal drink. It is healthier than the mint chocolate chip shakes out on the market, and it is creamy and satisfying.
This Vegan Eggnog French Toast has enough sweetness from the nog that you don't need much maple syrup, if any. I normally drink a detox green juice and a healthy smoothie with vegan protein powder for breakfast, but it is fun to have a sweet treat every once in a while. This would be perfect to serve at a brunch.
❤️ Why You'll Love It
- It is sweet, rich, and flavorful. You don't even need maple syrup!
- It's made in about 15 minutes with ingredients you probably have on hand.
- It's perfect for the holidays, but since it's made with homemade eggnog, you could have it anytime you're in the mood!
- Vegan eggnog: I used my Homemade Vegan Eggnog recipe. You could also use store-bought vegan eggnog.
- Chia seeds: Replaces eggs. Chia seeds help bind the batter to the bread. You could also use ground flaxseeds.
- Vanilla extract: Enhances flavors.
- Gluten-free all-purpose flour: I used gluten-free all-purpose flour because I am gluten intolerant. Any all-purpose flour would work.
- Vegan butter: Adds a rich buttery flavor. For cooking the French toast. You could also use coconut oil.
- Bread: I used gluten-free bread. Use your favorite bread.
- Maple syrup: For serving.
To see the full list of ingredients with measurements and instructions, see the recipe card at the bottom of this post.
5 Secrets to Vegan Cooking
Free 5 Part Email Series to Elevate Your Vegan Cooking
We respect your privacy. Unsubscribe at any time.
Step 1: Mix vegan nog, ground chia seeds, vanilla extract, and gluten-free all-purpose flour.
Step 2: Melt vegan butter in a skillet.
Step 3: Coat bread in mixture and place in skillet.
Step 4: Fry on both sides until golden brown.
- Maple syrup or flavored fruit syrup
- Vegan butter
- Cranberries, sliced bananas, berries, or other fresh fruit
- Powdered sugar
- Chocolate chips
- Vegan whipped cream
👩🏻🍳 Recipe FAQs
My homemade vegan eggnog is made with almond milk, coconut milk, dates, vanilla extract, freshly grated nutmeg, cinnamon, and half a vanilla bean.
For this French toast with vegan eggnog, I used homemade vegan eggnog, chia seeds, vanilla extract, gluten-free all-purpose flour, gluten-free bread, and vegan butter.
Other Vegan Holiday Recipes
If you tried this Vegan Eggnog French Toast Recipe or any other recipe on my website, please leave a ⭐️ star rating and let me know how you like it in the 💬 comments below. I love hearing from you!
Vegan French toast flavored with vegan eggnog, what better way to start your day during the holidays?
Vegan Eggnog French Toast
- Mix first four ingredients in a bowl.
- Melt ½ teaspoon of vegan butter per piece of bread in a frying pan.
- Coat bread in mixture and fry at medium heat until golden brown on each side.
*Note: Nutrition information should be considered an estimate only. Different nutrition calculators give you different results.