This rich sweet French Toast with Vegan Nog recipe doesn't even need maple syrup it is so good!
I love this time of the year because the makers of soymilk and coconut milk put out one of my favorite seasonal drinks - vegan nog. I love the taste of it so much that I finally got around to making my own.
Of course I am biased, but I think the homemade version is much better. It has freshly ground nutmeg and half a vanilla bean in it that takes it over the top.
This is the time to stock up on those seasonal drinks before the shelves go bare. I have three seasonal flavors in my fridge right now, including mint chocolate, nog, and pumpkin spice. So maybe I will get around to making some more recipes with them.
I did recently make a Mint Chocolate Chip Smoothie with the mint chocolate seasonal drink. It is healthier than the mint chocolate chip shakes out on the market, and it is creamy and satisfying.
This French Toast with Vegan Nog has enough sweetness from the nog that you don't need much maple syrup, if any. I normally drink a green juice and a healthy smoothie for breakfast, but it is fun to have a sweet treat every once in awhile. This would be perfect to serve at a brunch.
Other Holiday Recipes
- Vegan Mexican Hot Chocolate
- Maple Chipotle Cashews
- Chocolate Low Carb Vegan Fudge
- Mint Chocolate Coffee Creamer
How To Make This Recipe
- Mix vegan nog, ground chia seeds, vanilla extract, and gluten free all purpose flour.
- Melt coconut oil in a skillet.
- Coat bread in mixture and place in skillet.
- Fry on both sides until golden brown.
- maple syrup or flavored fruit syrup
- vegan butter
- cranberries, sliced bananas, berries or other fresh fruit
- powdered sugar
- chocolate chips
- vegan whipped cream
Vegan French toast flavored with vegan eggnog, what better way to start your day during the holidays!
*Don't forget to come back and leave your feedback and star rating.
Affiliate links below. We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
*Update since writing this: Thanks to a reader, the bread below is my new favorite bread. It is soft and fluffy like white bread.
It is Northern Bakehouse millet chia bread. I highly recommend it.
French Toast with Vegan Nog
- 1 cup vegan nog or store bought
- 2 tablespoons ground chia seeds
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon gluten free all purpose flour
- coconut oil
- 6 slices gluten free bread
- Maple syrup for serving optional
- Mix first four ingredients in a bowl.
- Melt ½ teaspoon of coconut oil per piece of bread in a frying pan.
- Coat bread in mixture and fry at medium heat until golden brown on each side.
*Note: Nutrition information should be considered an estimate only. Different nutrition calculators give you different results.
I will be serving this for a Christmas in July party! Thanks for the recipe!
Willow Moon says