This Thai Salad with Peanut Dressing has all the components of Thai spring rolls and is seriously addictive!
If you have been following me for a while, you know that I love peanut sauce. I have quite a few recipes with peanut sauce already, and I am sure that I will find new ways to make more in the future.
This Thai Salad with Peanut Dressing is pretty light, with only the dressing and peanuts to add any heavy components. If you want some extra protein, you could add some Ginger Garlic Tofu. The only reason I didn't is because I wanted to keep things lighter today.
The dressing, which you will have more than the salad calls for is delicious on Thai Pizza as well (just don't add the water to thin it out). This salad is sweet and savory at the same time. It makes a wonderful light lunch or side salad.
❤️ Why You'll Love It
- The peanut dressing is bowl-licking good!
- It is an easy light lunch, appetizer, or side dish.
- It has all the ingredients of spring rolls in the form of a salad.
- Peanut butter: I use all-natural peanut butter. Shelf-stable peanut butter would also work.
- Light coconut milk: I used light coconut milk, but full-fat coconut milk would also work. You may need more water if you are using full-fat.
- Rice vinegar: Adds a tangy flavor. Apple cider vinegar would also work.
- Coconut sugar: I used coconut sugar because that is what I had on hand. You could also use maple syrup, agave syrup, brown sugar, or white sugar.
- Toasted sesame oil: Adds a nutty flavor.
- Tamari: I used low-sodium gluten-free tamari because I like to control the amount of sodium. You could also use soy sauce, liquid aminos, or coconut aminos.
- Garlic: Adds a pungent flavor.
- Ginger: Fresh ginger root adds a spicy flavor.
- Sriracha sauce: Adds spice.
- Lettuce: I used a spinach and a spring mix blend. Use your favorite greens.
- Red pepper, carrot, and cucumber: Add the flavors of spring rolls. Use your favorite veggies. Avocado would also taste good.
- Cilantro: Another spring roll flavor. You could leave it out.
- Peanuts: I used roasted salted peanuts. Roasted salted cashews would also taste good.
To see the full list of ingredients with measurements and instructions, see the recipe card at the bottom of this post.
5 Secrets to Vegan Cooking
Free 5 Part Email Series to Elevate Your Vegan Cooking
We respect your privacy. Unsubscribe at any time.
👩🏻🍳 Recipe FAQs
This Thai peanut salad dressing is made with peanut butter, light coconut milk, rice vinegar, tamari, sriracha sauce, sesame oil, coconut sugar, garlic, and ginger.
This peanut dressing recipe will last 5 days in an airtight container in the fridge.
Other Easy Vegan Salads
If you tried this Thai Salad with Peanut Dressing Recipe or any other recipe on my website, please leave a ⭐️ star rating and let me know how you like it in the 💬 comments below. I love hearing from you!
Thai Salad with Peanut Dressing
Peanut dressing - you will have extra!
- 3 cups spinach / spring mix blend
- 2 tablespoons julienned red pepper
- 2 tablespoons julienned carrot
- 2 tablespoons peeled and julienned cucumber
- 2 tablespoons cilantro
- 2 tablespoons crushed peanuts
- Mix all ingredients in high-speed blender or Nutribullet until garlic and ginger are well blended. If you don't have either, then make sure garlic and ginger are very finely minced before blending.
- Layer lettuce mix, chopped vegetables, and peanuts in two bowls (or one if you're hungry!), then top with dressing.
*Note: Nutrition information should be considered an estimate only. Different nutrition calculators give you different results.