If you are looking for a new kind of pizza, look no further! This sweet and savory Chinese Pizza will become a new favorite.
Chinese pizza? Oh yes! This Chinese Pizza combines Chinese flavors on a pizza crust.
I have always loved fusion foods, so I thought, why not! Hoisin sauce replaces the traditional tomato sauce, giving a sweet BBQ flavor. Don't use too much - a little goes a long way.
I marinated the tofu in a sauce with sesame oil, tamari, ginger, and garlic. Combine the marinated tofu with hoisin sauce, red pepper, green onion, and cilantro, and a Chinese pizza is born!
Being gluten free I am not always able to find good gluten free vegan bread products. There's the local not-so-inexpensive amaranth and mesquite tortillas that I love, but those are a splurge.
Then there's the dense brown rice bread and fall-apart-after-a-week brown rice tortillas that I like, but only when fresh.
So any recipe that I can make into a pizza is a good thing, since the crust is light and crispy. I use Namaste pizza crust mix.
You cook the dough first, then add toppings, and cook again. So far, it is my go-to pizza crust mix. I don't want to try anything else because I love this one.
And being someone who does yoga, how could I not be drawn to a company called Namaste?
Other Vegan Pizzas
- Thai Pizza
- Vegan Hawaiian BBQ Pizza
- Vegan Mexican Tortilla Pizza
- Banana, Chocolate and Peanut Butter Dessert Pizza
This vegan pizza is rich and addicting. It is fusion food at its finest.
*Don't forget to come back and leave your feedback and star rating.
Affiliate links below. We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
Here's the pizza mix I used for this pizza. It's great because you don't have to wait for it to rise.
Chinese Pizza with Ginger Garlic Tofu
Ginger Garlic Tofu
Ginger Garlic Tofu
- Press tofu with a tofu press or wrapped in a towel with a heavy object on top of tofu for at least 15 minutes to get water out.
- Combine garlic, ginger, tamari, and sesame oil.
- Slice tofu and put in marinade. Marinate overnight for the strongest flavor, or if you're in a hurry, marinate for at less an hour.
- Heat sesame oil in a pan and add tofu. Cook on medium heat until golden brown, then flip and cook other side until golden brown.
- Preheat oven to 450°. Make / cook pizza crust according to directions.*
- Chop red pepper. Set aside.
- Spoon hoisin sauce on pizza crust. I used only 1 tablespoon because it is so sweet. If you like it sweeter, use 1 ½ - 2 tablespoons.
- Spread Ginger Garlic Tofu on pizza crust. Sprinkle on red pepper. Cook pizza at 450° for 10 minutes, or until red pepper is crisp tender.*
- While pizza is cooking, chop cilantro and green onion. Sprinkle on cooked pizza.
*Note: Nutrition information should be considered an estimate only. Different nutrition calculators give you different results.