This easy Vegan Taco Salad in a Homemade Tortilla Bowl is made with spicy tofu, fresh guacamole, and salsa. The whole family will love it!
This week has been the week of tacos. After making some Spicy Tofu Tacos I thought a Vegan Taco Salad in a Homemade Tortilla Bowl was in order.
I bought a tortilla bowl maker from a thrift store ages ago and haven't used it until now. It worked better than I expected. I wasn't sure if my brown rice tortillas would work since they want to fall apart at times.
The trick is to heat up the tortilla first to make it pliable. The tortilla gets nice and crispy after baking it.
In the tortilla bowl, you pile in chopped lettuce, spicy tofu, salsa, chopped tomatoes, Kalamata olives, and fresh guacamole.
This Vegan Taco Salad is such a hearty meal that it took three meals to eat mine. Just the homemade guacamole alone is quite filling!
Change up the ingredients to your liking. Add some vegan sour cream, shredded vegan cheddar, black beans, corn, or whatever you like.
❤️ Why You'll Love It
- It is healthy and hearty.
- It is packed with flavor.
- It is customizable, so the whole family can make it to their liking.
- Tortilla: For the tortilla bowl. I used a gluten-free brown rice tortilla. Use your favorite tortillas.
- Lettuce: I used Romaine lettuce. You could also use iceberg lettuce or your favorite greens.
- Vegan taco meat: I used homemade tofu taco meat made with extra firm tofu, salsa, tomato paste, and spices. You could also use my vegan mushroom taco meat recipe.
- Guacamole: I used my homemade guacamole recipe. You could also use sliced avocados or store-bought guacamole.
- Salsa: I used my homemade restaurant-style salsa recipe. You could also use store-bought.
- Tomatoes: I used cherry tomatoes. You could also use grape tomatoes or plum tomatoes.
- Olives: I used Kalamata olives. You could also use green olives.
- Cilantro: I love cilantro in Mexican-inspired recipes, but I know some people don't like it. You could use green onions or leave it out.
This is an overview of the ingredients. To see the full list of ingredients with measurements and instructions, see the recipe card at the bottom of this post.
5 Secrets to Vegan Cooking
Free 5 Part Email Series to Elevate Your Vegan Cooking
We respect your privacy. Unsubscribe at any time.
Step 1: Add a tortilla to a tortilla bowl maker and crisp up in the oven.
Step 2: Layer the tortilla bowl with tofu taco meat, lettuce, tomatoes, olives, salsa, guacamole, and cilantro.
- Heat the tortilla in a microwave for 30 seconds to 1 minute to make it pliable. I didn't do that for my first one and it cracked after baking it.
- Oil the tortilla bowl maker before placing the tortilla inside. That way it makes a crispy tortilla shell that tastes like tortilla chips from a restaurant.
- If you don't have more than one tortilla bowl maker, they will take some time. Start early or the day before if you are making a bunch of taco salads.
- Make the spicy tofu the day before to make things easier. Better yet, make a double batch and make tacos or nachos.
👩🏻🍳 Recipe FAQs
For this vegan taco salad, I used tofu taco meat made with extra firm tofu, salsa, tomato paste, and spices.
This vegan taco salad is made with a homemade tortilla bowl, tofu taco meat, lettuce, tomatoes, olives, salsa, guacamole, and cilantro.
Other Vegan Mexican-Inspired Recipes
If you tried this Vegan Taco Salad Recipe or any other recipe on my website, please leave a ⭐️ star rating and let me know how you like it in the 💬 comments below. I love hearing from you!
This healthy taco salad is sure to become a family favorite!
Vegan Taco Salad in a Homemade Tortilla Bowl
- Tortilla bowl maker
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Fill the tortilla bowl with chopped lettuce, tofu taco filling, cherry tomatoes, Kalamata olives, guacamole, salsa, and cilantro.
*Note: Nutrition information should be considered an estimate only. Different nutrition calculators give you different results.