This Asian inspired Spicy Cucumber Salad is light and refreshing. It makes a great appetizer or side dish.
I love Thai food. I especially love the cucumber salad that is available at some Thai restaurants.
I read recently that the cucumber salad is not a dish typical to Thailand, but then I found a website that is based in Thailand that had a cucumber salad recipe.
Whether it is or isn't traditional Thai cuisine doesn't matter to me. I will continue to eat it.
How to Make Spicy Cucumber Salad
Slice cucumber on a mandoline to get really thin slices. Mix brown rice vinegar, mirin, lime juice, coconut sugar, and tamari. Mix until sugar is dissolved.
Add finely chopped serrano pepper, chopped mint, and dressing to the sliced cucumber. Top with chopped peanuts.
This Asian inspired Spicy Cucumber Salad is light and refreshing. It makes a great appetizer or side dish. Click To Tweet
Other Vegan Summer Salads
- Avocado Pesto Potato Salad
- Sriracha Coleslaw
- Vegan Macaroni Salad
- Sweet Potato Salad with Agave Mustard Dressing
This recipe was originally published onJuly 8, 2015. I've added new photos and more text.
*Don't forget to come back and leave your feedback and star rating.
Affiliate links below. We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
Spicy Cucumber Salad
- On mandoline, set the blade at 1/16" and slice cucumber. Alternatively, you could use a large vegetable peeler.
- Combine brown rice vinegar, mirin, lime juice, coconut palm sugar, and tamari. Set aside. The sugar will dissolve after awhile, but if you are in a hurry, you can put the mixture in the microwave and heat it for 10 seconds.
- Chop serrano and mint, and add to the vinegar mixture. Add sliced cucumber.
- Put in the fridge for at least an hour so ingredients combine. Garnish with chopped peanuts.
*Note: Nutrition information should be considered an estimate only. Different nutrition calculators give you different results.