This Chocolate Banana Peanut Butter Microwave Bread Pudding for one is about as easy as it gets! Make it in a mug or ramekin.
This sweet Chocolate Banana Peanut Butter Microwave Bread Pudding is perfect for when you don't feel like baking and you want a small portion. Even though this vegan bread pudding is sweet and listed in my dessert category, it would be perfect for brunch as well.
A mix of banana, peanut butter, and almond milk make the bread all soft and gooey, just what you'd expect in a bread pudding.
Chocolate chips are sprinkled throughout creating pockets of chocolaty goodness. Slices of banana are layered in between cubes of bread creating more gooey sweetness.
What can I say? I am in love with this dessert.
It's just as easy as my first vegan bread pudding, but maybe better since it has more chocolate and the addition of banana.
- You may want to mix the banana, peanut butter, and almond milk without sweetener first. If your banana is riper than mine, you may not need maple syrup.
- Let the bread sit for 10-15 minutes in the banana peanut butter mixture before heating it up so that the bread soaks up the liquid. Even though gluten free bread is quite dense, it soaks up a lot of liquid.
- If you're a fan of almond butter, use that instead.
- Remember that all microwaves are different. You may need more or less time than I did.
- If you want to make several bread puddings at once, I would suggest placing the done ones (in their ramekins) on a baking sheet. Then put them in the oven at a low temperature to keep them warm while you make each one.
- Banana, Chocolate and Peanut Butter Dessert Pizza
- Chocolate Banana Peanut Butter Smoothie
- Chocolate Peanut Butter Chia Pudding
- Peanut Butter Banana Porridge
- Chocolate Peanut Butter Overnight Oats
This vegan bread pudding is perfect for a late night craving when you want dessert without having to bake.
*Don't forget to come back and leave your feedback and star rating.
Affiliate links below. We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
I love these ramekins. They are great for single serving cakes and bread puddings. They are perfect for serving dips. They are microwave, oven dishwasher, and freezer safe.
Chocolate Banana Peanut Butter Microwave Bread Pudding
- 2 slices gluten free bread - I used brown rice
- 6 tablespoons unsweetened almond milk
- 2 teaspoons maple syrup
- 1 banana divided
- 2 tablespoons peanut butter
- Pinch salt
- 3 tablespoons semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Mix almond milk, maple syrup, ½ the banana, peanut butter, and salt in a Nutribullet or blender.
- Slice the bread into ½" cubes. Place half of the bread in a microwave safe dish. Slice the other ½ of banana and place some of it on top of the bread. Sprinkle 1 tablespoon of the chocolate chips on top. Layer with more bread and the rest of the banana.
- Pour banana peanut butter mixture on top. Sprinkle the other 2 tablespoons of chocolate chips on top. Let the bread sit in the mixture 10-15 to soak up some of the liquid. Microwave for 2 minutes, then let it rest about 2 minutes.
*Note: Nutrition information should be considered an estimate only. Different nutrition calculators give you different results.
Holly Hooper says
This was SO delicious!! I followed your exact recipe and I don't think it was too thick at all. It was nice and creamy and the flavors were great! My husband ate two bowlfuls and wanted more. We had plenty for leftovers. Thanks--this is a keeper!
Willow Moon says
Thanks Holly, that makes me so happy!
Hannah Flack says
I made this for dinner tonight. Yummy! And so easy. Thanks for a great recipe!
Willow Moon says
Rose Martine says
Looks beautiful and delicious! I do some prep ahead meals but not that many. I think this is very worthwhile and nice to know you always have a meal on hand!
Saved as a favorite, I like your blog!