This easy comforting 5 Ingredient Curry Peanut Pumpkin Soup is perfect for a weeknight meal or a road trip.
This 5 Ingredient Curry Peanut Pumpkin Soup was inspired by my Thai Curry Butternut Squash Soup. It has similar flavors but with about half the ingredients.
You'd never know that this soup was made with just five ingredients. It is rich and comforting with coconut milk and peanut butter.
Lime juice balances the richness out and adds some brightness.
This pumpkin peanut soup is perfect for traveling because none of the ingredients need to be refrigerated until it is made. When I go camping I love to make easy dishes that don't require a lot of prep or cooking time.
❤️ Why You'll Love It
- It is rich and comforting, with the perfect balance of flavors.
- It's made in minutes.
- It's made with only 5 ingredients!
- Canned pumpkin puree: For its creamy texture and savory flavor. Make sure it is not pumpkin pie filling! Pie filling has sugar and spices in it. You could also use butternut squash puree.
- Coconut milk: I used full-fat coconut milk. If you prefer light coconut milk, you may want less water.
- Thai red curry paste: Adds sweet savory flavor.
- Peanut butter: Adds a creamy nutty flavor.
- Lime juice: I used key limes, but you could use any variety. Adds a tart flavor and balances out the richness.
- Water: Thins the soup out.
This is an overview of the ingredients. To see the full list of ingredients with measurements and instructions, see the recipe card at the bottom of this post.
📖 Variations / Additions
- Curry powder
- Thai green curry paste
- Vegetable broth
- Minced ginger
- Minced garlic
- Cilantro for serving
- Chopped peanuts for serving
5 Secrets to Transforming Tofu
FREE 5 part email series to help you cook tofu like a pro.
We respect your privacy. Unsubscribe at any time.
Step 1: Add all ingredients except lime juice to a saucepan.
Step 2: Cook until peanut butter dissolves. Add lime juice and serve.
👩🏻🍳 Recipe FAQs
This curry pumpkin soup is made with coconut milk, pumpkin puree, peanut butter, red curry paste, and lime juice.
This peanut pumpkin soup is thickened with peanut butter.
If you tried this 5 Ingredient Curry Pumpkin Soup Recipe or any other recipe on my website, please leave a ⭐️ star rating and let me know how you like it in the 💬 comments below. I love hearing from you!
5 Ingredient Curry Peanut Pumpkin Soup
- Add all ingredients except key lime juice to a pan. Bring to a boil, then reduce to a simmer. Cook until peanut butter dissolves.
- Add lime juice and serve.
*Note: Nutrition information should be considered an estimate only. Different nutrition calculators give you different results.