This healthy Tofu Noodle Soup is pure comfort food in a bowl. Warm up with this easy meal on a cold Winter day.
It’s that time of year when many people warm up with a bowl of their favorite soup, myself included. Nothing says comfort food like a bowl of 5 Ingredient Curry Peanut Pumpkin Soup or Roasted Pepper and Tomato Soup.
Today I decided to switch out my normal creamy soups for a vegetable noodle soup with tofu. It’s similar to a chicken noodle soup, but with Savory Baked Tofu instead of chicken.
I started with a mirepoix, which is just a fancy way of saying onions, celery, and carrots. To that I added vegetable broth, thyme, and a bay leaf.
Then I added the noodles and cooked them in the broth. For serving, I included a few options. You could use all of them, a couple, or none at all.
My favorites are nutritional yeast, lemon juice, and chopped parsley. Red pepper flakes are good too, especially if you’re feeling under the weather.
This healthy Tofu Noodle Soup is pure comfort food in a bowl. Warm up with this easy meal on a cold Winter day. Click To Tweet
Vegan Soup and Chili Recipes You Might Like
- 3 Ingredient Vegan Chili
- Creamy Corn Soup with Jalapeño
- 5 Ingredient Sun-dried Tomato Soup
- Cheesy Vegan Broccoli Soup
- Black Bean and Corn Chili
Tips For Making Tofu Noodle Soup
- Make the Savory Baked Tofu the day before to make things easy on yourself. Better yet, double the batch and use the extra for salads and sandwiches for your lunch.
- Chop or crumble the baked tofu, depending upon how you like it.
- There’s no need to cook the noodles ahead of time. Cook them in the vegetable broth for less cleanup.
- Start with less thyme than I have listed and taste it to see how you like it. If you don’t like the taste a bay leaf imparts, leave it out.
- Add more or less broth depending upon how you like it.
Tofu Noodle Soup Recipe
This vegan chicken noodle soup recipe is the one you’ll want in your repertoire for the cold months of the year.
*Don’t forget to come back and leave your feedback and star rating.
Affiliate links below. We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
Here’s the brown rice pasta I used to make the soup. I love the taste of it.
Tofu Noodle Soup
- 1 medium onion, chopped (1 cup)
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 2 celery stalks, chopped (about 1 cup)
- 2 carrots, chopped (1 cup)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 6 cups low sodium vegetable broth
- 3/4 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 bay leaf
- 2 tablespoons low sodium gluten free tamari
- 8 ounces brown rice fusilli pasta (or your favorite)
- Salt and pepper
- 1 batch Savory Baked Tofu chopped or crumbled
For Serving (optional)
- Lemon wedges
- Chopped parsley
- Nutritional yeast
- Red pepper flakes
- Place a large stockpot over medium heat and add olive oil. Add chopped onion, garlic, celery, and carrots. Cook for about 5 minutes, until vegetables are softened.
- Add vegetable broth, thyme, bay leaf, tamari, and salt and pepper. Bring to a boil, then add noodles. Cook for 7-10 minutes (or according to package directions). The last 2-3 minutes, add the Savory Baked Tofu to heat it through.
- Pull out bay leaf. Serve with lemon wedges and chopped parsley, if desired.
*Note: Nutrition information should be considered an estimate only. Different nutrition calculators give you different results.