Cherry and chocolate for breakfast? Yes, please! These vegan Chocolate Cherry Overnight Oats are perfect for traveling or on the go.
Overnight oats are wonderful because they are easy to make, fill you up for hours, and are perfect for busy mornings and road trips. These Chocolate Cherry Overnight Oats are chocolaty, sweet and creamy.
Any excuse to eat chocolate for breakfast, and I'm in.
Frozen Berry Overnight Oats are another sweet and creamy oats recipe that will get your day off to a great start.
Add cherries to a mason jar and mash. Add rolled oats, almond milk, cacao powder, maple syrup, and salt. Let sit overnight.
In the morning add chocolate chips, if desired.
How Long Do Overnight Oats Need to Soak?
Place them in the fridge for a minimum of 3-4 hours up to 72 hours.
- You may want more liquid than I've listed. Start with the amount shown and check the consistency in the morning to see if you want more after it's been absorbed.
- If you try this with coconut milk you may want more liquid because it will make the oats thick and dense.
These overnight oats will last up to 3 days in the fridge.
- Nut butter
- Vegan yogurt
- Chia seeds
- Nuts: pecans, walnuts, almonds
- Vanilla extract
- Almond extract
- Protein powder
- Hemp seeds
- Flax seeds
- Spices: cinnamon, nutmeg
You can eat these overnight oats straight from the fridge or heat them up if you wish. To heat them, remove the lid and microwave at 30 second intervals until warmed to your liking.
Overnight Oats Recipes
- Mint Hot Chocolate Overnight Oats
- Mocha Almond Overnight Oats
- Chocolate Peanut Butter Overnight Oats
- Almond Joy Overnight Oats
- Chocolate Overnight Oats without Yogurt
These vegan chocolate overnight oats with cherries are a hearty breakfast.
This recipe was originally published on May 5, 2016. I've added new photos and more text.
*Don't forget to come back and leave your feedback and star rating.
Chocolate Cherry Overnight Oats
- Put cherries in a 12 oz. mason jar, and mash the cherries a bit to release the juice.
- Add other ingredients on top. Stir to combine. Let sit overnight in the refrigerator.
- Add chocolate chips, if desired.
*Note: Nutrition information should be considered an estimate only. Different nutrition calculators give you different results.