Cherry and chocolate for breakfast? Yes, please! These vegan Chocolate Cherry Overnight Oats are perfect for traveling or on the go.
Overnight oats are wonderful because they are easy to make, fill you up for hours, and are perfect for busy mornings and road trips.
Overnight Oats Recipes
- Mint Hot Chocolate Overnight Oats
- Mocha Almond Overnight Oats
- Chocolate Peanut Butter Overnight Oats
- Almond Joy Overnight Oats
Add cherries to a mason jar and mash. Add rolled oats, almond milk, cacao powder, maple syrup, and salt. Let sit overnight.
In the morning add chocolate chips, if desired.
How Long Do Overnight Oats Need to Soak?
Place them in the fridge for a minimum of 3-4 hours up to 72 hours.
- You may want more liquid than I've listed. Start with the amount shown and check the consistency in the morning to see if you want more after it's been absorbed.
- If you try this with coconut milk you may want more liquid because it will make the oats thick and dense.
These overnight oats will last up to 3 days in the fridge.
- Nut butter
- Vegan yogurt
- Chia seeds
- Nuts: pecans, walnuts, almonds
- Vanilla extract
- Almond extract
- Protein powder
- Hemp seeds
- Flax seeds
- Spices: cinnamon, nutmeg
You can eat these overnight oats straight from the fridge or heat them up if you wish. To heat them, remove the lid and microwave at 30 second intervals until warmed to your liking.
These vegan chocolate overnight oats with cherries are a hearty breakfast.
This recipe was originally published on May 5, 2016. I've added new photos and more text.
*Don't forget to come back and leave your feedback and star rating.
Affiliate links below. We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
Chocolate Cherry Overnight Oats
- ¼ cup cherries - fresh or frozen
- ½ cup gluten free rolled oats
- ½ cup soymilk or almond milk
- 1 tablespoon chia seeds (optional)
- 1 tablespoon cacao powder or cocoa powder
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup
- Chocolate chips (optional)
- Put cherries in a 12 oz. mason jar, and mash the cherries a bit to release the juice.
- Add other ingredients on top. Stir to combine. Let sit overnight in the refrigerator.
- Add chocolate chips, if desired.
*Note: Nutrition information should be considered an estimate only. Different nutrition calculators give you different results.
This is my favorite go-to breakfast! I love chocolate and cherries together!
Willow Moon says
Me too! Thanks Natalie!
Mistle Petrey says
I love oatmeal so this sounds absolutely amazing! I have never made overnight oats, so I will be saving this to try out soon.
Heather Gee Davis says
I still haven't tried overnight oats but this one looks amazing.
Willow Moon says
Thanks Heather! It took me awhile to try them, but I am so glad that I did. I especially love them for traveling!