This simple Mint Hot Chocolate Overnight Oats is made in a jar. It's perfect for the holidays. Made with chocolate chips, almond milk, rolled oats, chia seeds, and peppermint extract.
Next to Vegan Nog, mint chocolate has got to be my favorite holiday flavor. Not that it only has to be used around the holidays, but that's when I tend to see more of it.
This Mint Hot Chocolate Overnight Oats is sweet and rich. It is quite decadent - perfect for Christmas morning or brunch on the weekend when you don't feel like cooking.
This recipe can be made the night before or when you are ready to eat it. Vegan mint whipped cream adds a special touch on top, making this vegan overnight oats even more irresistible.
The Mint Hot Chocolate recipe is two cups, half of which you'll use for this recipe. I would suggest doubling the Mint Hot Chocolate, since it's so good. Why not treat yourself!
Many people buy chocolate syrup or powdered hot cocoa mix to make their hot chocolate. Trust me, after trying it with melted chocolate chips, you'll never want to go back.
It's like driving a Mercedes then having to go back to driving your old Plymouth.This simple Mint Hot Chocolate Overnight Oats is made in a jar. It's perfect for the holidays! Click To Tweet
How to Make This Recipe
Mix mint hot chocolate (hot or cooled), rolled oats, and chia seeds (if using) in a bowl or mason jar. If you like it hot, you can use freshly made mint hot cocoa and eat right away, or let it sit overnight in the fridge.
How Long Do Overnight Oats Need to Soak?
Place them in the fridge for a minimum of 3-4 hours up to 72 hours.
Other Overnight Oats Recipes
- Mocha Almond Overnight Oats
- Chocolate Peanut Butter Overnight Oats
- Peanut Butter and Jelly Overnight Oats
- Chocolate Cherry Overnight Oats
- If you want to eat it right away, add the mint hot chocolate to the oats in a heatproof bowl.
- If you want to make it as overnight oats, wait until the mint hot chocolate cools down, then add it to the oats in a mason jar or other container. Refrigerate overnight. For hot oats, place in a microwave safe bowl and heat for a couple of minutes or eat cold.
- Follow the tips for making Mint Hot Chocolate! The chocolate can burn if you aren't careful.
How to Store
These overnight oats will last up to 3 days in the fridge.
Variations / Additions
- soy milk, oat milk, or other plant-based milk
- vegan marshmallows
- store-bought whipped cream
This vegan overnight oats recipe will make your holiday breakfast easier since you can make it the night before!
*Don't forget to come back and leave your feedback and star rating.
Affiliate links below. We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
You May Need:
Mint Hot Chocolate Overnight Oats
- Mix all ingredients in a mason jar and let it sit in the fridge overnight.*
*Note: Nutrition information should be considered an estimate only. Different nutrition calculators give you different results.