These hearty Almond Joy Overnight Oats make you feel like you're eating dessert, but they're quite healthy.
If you struggle to make breakfast in the morning because life is so hectic, this Almond Joy Overnight Oats recipe is for you. It takes about 5 minutes to put together, so it could not be any easier.
These vegan overnight oats taste like dessert, but they're quite healthy. The kids will love them for breakfast or as a snack.
Another breakfast that tastes like dessert is my Mint Hot Chocolate Overnight Oats.
If you love almonds, another easy breakfast with almonds is my Almond Chia Pudding.
- Gluten free rolled oats: Old fashioned rolled oats work best for overnight oats. They get soft enough while not being too mushy.
- Cacao powder: Adds a rich chocolaty flavor. You could also use cocoa powder.
- Maple syrup: I used maple syrup because it is one of my favorite sweeteners. You could also use agave syrup, dates, brown sugar, white sugar, or a sugar free sweetener.
- Almond milk or coconut milk: I like almond milk and coconut milk because they are rich and creamy. You can use whatever dairy-free milk you like.
- Salt: To enhance the flavors and bring out the sweetness of the maple syrup.
- Chocolate chips: Adds more sweet rich chocolaty goodness. For a healthier version you could use cacao nibs.
- Sliced almonds: For some crunch and nutty almond flavor.
- Coconut chips and shredded coconut: For coconut flavor and crunch. You could use both or just one.
5 Secrets to Transforming Tofu
FREE 5 part email series to help you cook tofu like a pro.
We respect your privacy. Unsubscribe at any time.
Mix almond or coconut milk with rolled oats in a mason jar. Add cacao powder or unsweetened cocoa powder, maple syrup, and salt. Stir well.
Let sit overnight in the refrigerator.
In the morning add shredded coconut, coconut chips or coconut flakes, slivered almonds, and vegan chocolate chips if using.
How Long Do They Need to Soak?
Place the oats in the fridge for a minimum of 3-4 hours up to 72 hours.
- You may want more liquid than I've listed. Start with the amount shown and check the consistency in the morning to see if you want more after it's been absorbed.
- If you use coconut milk you may want more liquid because it will make the oats thick and dense.
- Add the coconut chips, slivered almonds, chocolate chips and shredded coconut right before you eat it so that they don't absorb the liquid.
- Feel free to substitute the sweetener of your choice - agave syrup, brown sugar, or sugar would also work well.
- Add chia seeds and almond butter for some fiber and protein.
- You can eat this hot or cold. If you prefer hot overnight oatmeal, throw it in the microwave before adding the toppings.
These overnight oats will last up to 3 days in the fridge.
📖 Variations / Additions
- Almond butter
- Vegan yogurt
- Coconut milk
- Chia seeds
- Cacao nibs
- Vanilla extract
- Almond extract
- Protein powder
- Hemp seeds
- Flax seeds
Do Instant Oats Work For Overnight Oats?
I personally would not use instant oats. They will end up being a mushy, pasty texture. My favorite oats to use is gluten-free rolled oats.
I also like quick cooking steel cut oats. They have a bit more texture than rolled oats.
You can eat these overnight oats straight from the fridge or heat them up if you wish. To heat them, remove the lid and microwave at 30 second intervals until warmed to your liking.
🥣 Other Overnight Oats Recipes
This healthy breakfast is great for kids of all ages!
*Don't forget to come back and leave your feedback and star rating.
Affiliate links below. We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
🧂 You May Need
Almond Joy Overnight Oats
- ½ cup gluten free rolled oats
- ½ cup unsweetened almond milk or coconut milk
- 1 tablespoon cacao powder
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup
- Pinch salt
- 1 tablespoon chocolate chips
- 1 tablespoon sliced almonds
- 1 tablespoon coconut chips
- 1 tablespoon shredded coconut
- Place rolled oats, almond milk, cacao powder, maple syrup, and salt in a mason jar. Stir well. Let sit overnight in the fridge.
- Top oats with chocolate chips, sliced almonds, coconut chips, and shredded coconut.
*Note: Nutrition information should be considered an estimate only. Different nutrition calculators give you different results.
Leave a Reply