This healthy Overnight Oats with Frozen Fruit is made with frozen berries, chia seeds, and soy milk. It's an easy make ahead breakfast.
These Overnight Oats with Frozen Fruit are sweet, creamy, and fruity. They are perfect for meal prepping for the week.
They make a great snack or breakfast on the go. I like to make an overnight oats recipe when I work away from home and have to leave early.
They fill me up for hours and make the perfect portable meal.
Another portable meal with frozen berries is my vegan smoothie with berries.
This is an overview of the ingredients. To see the full list of ingredients with measurements and instructions, see the recipe card at the bottom of this post.
- Rolled oats: Old-fashioned rolled oats are the best choice for overnight oats because they soak up the liquid nicely. I used gluten-free rolled oats.
- Soy milk: I used soy milk, but almond milk, oat milk or any other dairy-free milk will do. You could even use water and add vegan yogurt to add some flavor and creaminess.
- Frozen fruit: I used mixed frozen berries, consisting of strawberries, blackberries, blueberries, and raspberries, but any frozen fruit would work. You could also use fresh fruit.
- Chia seeds: I added chia seeds for protein and fiber. You could leave them out.
- Maple syrup: Adds sweetness. You could also use agave syrup, brown sugar, or date paste.
- Salt: Enhances sweetness.
5 Secrets to Vegan Cooking
Free 5 Part Email Series to Elevate Your Vegan Cooking
We respect your privacy. Unsubscribe at any time.
In a 16 ounce mason jar (or similar size), add rolled oats, soy milk, chia seeds, maple syrup, frozen fruit, and salt. Stir thoroughly.
Place the lid on the jar and place it in the fridge. Let sit overnight. Taste the oat mixture to see if it needs more sweetener.
I like a fairly thick consistency. Add more soy milk if you want it thinner.
These overnight oats recipe with frozen berries will last 3 days in an airtight container in the fridge.
📖 Variations / Additions
For a crunchy texture, nuts or coconut chips are a great choice. For extra creaminess, add some vegan yogurt.
- Other fruit frozen: mango, pineapple, cherries, banana
- Nut butters: peanut butter, almond butter or cashew butter
- Sunflower seed butter
- Nuts: walnuts, pecans, almonds
- Coconut chips or shredded coconut
- Seeds: sunflower seeds, pumpkin seeds or flax seeds
- Full fat coconut milk
- Spices: cinnamon, nutmeg, cardamom, ginger
- Vegan yogurt
- Chocolate: chocolate chips or cacao powder (or cocoa powder)
- Vanilla extract
- Protein powder
- Hemp seeds
*Don't forget to come back and leave your feedback and star rating.
Affiliate links below. We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
Overnight Oats with Frozen Fruit
- ½ cup gluten free rolled oats
- ½ cup soy milk
- 1 tablespoon chia seeds
- ½ cup frozen fruit - I used mixed berries
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup
- Pinch salt
- In a 16 ounce mason jar add rolled oats, soy milk, chia seeds, frozen fruit, maple syrup, and salt. Stir thoroughly and cover with lid.
- Let sit overnight in the fridge.
*Note: Nutrition information should be considered an estimate only. Different nutrition calculators give you different results.
Leave a Reply