These sweet, smoky, and spicy Maple Chipotle Black Bean Lettuce Wraps with Mango Salsa are loaded with flavor. Perfect for a light lunch!
I have been in a lettuce wrap mood lately, especially taco lettuce wraps. They are perfect for this time of year, when soup doesn’t satisfy the same way it did in the winter months, and salads are my seasonal go-to meal.
Yesterday I made some cauliflower taco lettuce wraps. I made a small batch, and they disappeared quickly. I liked them, but I knew something was missing. So, back to the drawing board with the that recipe.
I am glad it needed some revision, because these Maple Chipotle Black Bean Lettuce Wraps with Mango Salsa were born today. After all, I still had a bunch of lettuce leaves that needed filling. I actually had this recipe in mind for the cauliflower, but did taco seasonings with that one instead. I think this recipe was more suited to go with black beans anyway. I always say everything happens for a reason…
I love anything that is sweet and spicy: dark chili chocolate bars, curry and vegetables with coconut milk, sweet and spicy BBQ sauce – you get the idea. For these Maple Chipotle Black Bean Lettuce Wraps I have combined smoky, spicy chipotle with sweet maple syrup. Then, I made a sweet and spicy mango salsa to accompany the beans. Oh man, talk about heaven! You may want to double this recipe, it is so good.These Maple Chipotle Black Bean Lettuce Wraps with Mango Salsa are sweet, smoky, and spicy! Click To Tweet
*Affiliate links below. If you make a purchase through these links, I will receive a small commission. This is at no extra cost to you.
Maple Chipotle Black Bean Lettuce Wraps with Mango Salsa
Makes 4 lettuce wraps
- 2 chipotle peppers in adobo sauce (gluten free) + 2 tablespoons adobo sauce
- 4 teaspoons dark amber maple syrup
- 1/4 cup low sodium vegetable broth
- 2 teaspoons low sodium gluten free tamari
- 15 ounce can black beans
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Lettuce leaves – I used red leaf
- Sliced avocado
- Mango Salsa
- Chop chipotle peppers and put in a bowl. Mix in maple syrup, vegetable broth, and tamari.
- Rinse beans and add to sauce. Set aside.
- Heat olive oil in pan and add chopped onion. Cook until translucent.
- Add bean mixture and cook until liquid is dissolved. Add desired amount of salt and pepper. At this point I mashed the beans slightly because I wanted them to soak up more sauce, but that’s up to you.
- On lettuce leaves, pile on maple chipotle black beans, sliced avocado, and mango salsa.