These easy Maple Walnuts are made in minutes. They make a great hostess gift or appetizer.
Any recipe I can make in minutes is a keeper in my book. Adding maple syrup to walnuts is simple, but it elevates them up a notch, and these Maple Walnuts become a great appetizer or homemade hostess gift.
The maple syrup becomes candied onto the walnuts and they are not sticky at all. Add them to a salad, trail mix, overnight oats, or vegan yogurt.
They also taste great on vegan ice cream, pancakes, French toast, and waflles.
Another great way to elevate nuts to a new level is my Vegan Mexican Chocolate Covered Almonds recipe.
This is an overview of the ingredients. To see the full list of ingredients with measurements and instructions, see the recipe card at the bottom of this post.
- Walnuts: I used unsalted roasted cashews because I like to control the amount of salt. I like roasted for the crunchy roasted taste. You could use salted roasted cashews.
- Maple syrup: For its sweet maple flavor.
- Salt: Enhances flavors.
5 Secrets to Transforming Tofu
FREE 5 part email series to help you cook tofu like a pro.
We respect your privacy. Unsubscribe at any time.
- Put walnuts in a skillet. Add maple syrup and salt.
- Heat on medium high heat stirring frequently until syrup dissolves.
- Spread walnuts on parchment or foil until they cool.
These will last for 2-3 weeks in an airtight container in the pantry, and even longer if stored in the fridge or freezer.
- Snack or appetizer
- Ice cream
- Overnight oats
Maple syrup takes walnuts up a notch in the maple glazed walnuts.
*Don't forget to come back and leave your feedback and star rating.
Affiliate links below. We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
- 2 cups walnuts
- ¼ cup maple syrup
- Put walnuts in a pan. Add maple syrup and salt. Cook on medium high heat, stirring frequently until syrup dissolves, about 8 minutes.
- Spread on parchment paper and let cool.
*Note: Nutrition information should be considered an estimate only. Different nutrition calculators give you different results.
Leave a Reply