This Maple Tahini Dressing is sweet and savory, making it the perfect addition to any salad. Made in minutes, it can also be used as a dip.
Many years ago I made a Roasted Butternut and Beetroot Salad. It was so good and was such a hit on the blog that I figured I'd post the dressing by itself.
The recipe below is slightly different than the original because I lacked a few of the ingredients. So I put the ingredients for the original in parentheses so you have options.
Maple and tahini are a great combination. I've used it in a Maple Tahini Latte as well. It may sound strange, but trust me it is delicious!
This is an overview of the ingredients. To see the full list of ingredients with measurements and instructions, see the recipe card at the bottom of this post.
- Tahini: Adds a creamy texture and rich nutty flavor.
- Maple syrup: For a sweet maple flavor.
- Apple cider vinegar: Adds a sweet acidic flavor. You could also use balsamic vinegar.
- Water: Thins the dressing.
- Olive oil: Adds flavor.
- Lemon juice: Adds a bright tart flavor. You could also use lime juice.
5 Secrets to Transforming Tofu
FREE 5 part email series to help you cook tofu like a pro.
We respect your privacy. Unsubscribe at any time.
Mix tahini, maple syrup, apple cider vinegar, water, olive oil, lemon juice, and salt.
This tahini dressing will last about 5 days in an airtight container in the fridge.
- If you like really thick dressings, start with less water.
- To use this salad dressing as a dip, start with less water or none at all. If you refrigerate it overnight, it will thicken up.
- If the dressing separates from sitting in the fridge, shake it up.
- If you're using a new container of tahini, turn the container upside down overnight before opening. The oils will mix with the paste and make it much easier to stir.
- On a sweet and savory salad. Any salad with dried cranberries, berries, pomegranate seeds, sweet potato, or roasted butternut squash works well in addition to savory flavors like marinated and baked tofu, beans, nuts, or seeds.
- Drizzled over roasted veggies.
- In place of tahini dressing for falafels.
🥗 Other Dressings
This vegan dressing is sure to become a staple in your house!
*Don't forget to come back and leave your feedback and star rating.
Maple Tahini Dressing
- Mix all ingredients until well blended.
- Store in an airtight container in the fridge.
*Note: Nutrition information should be considered an estimate only. Different nutrition calculators give you different results.