Whether you are looking to cut back on carbs, or are on a keto diet, this easy protein-packed Grain Free Granola is a great way to start your day!
Whether I am eating a vegan keto diet like I was when I came up with this recipe or not, I like to add nuts to my cereal. Sometimes I only have nuts, berries, and almond milk. So I figured why not make a Grain Free Granola recipe?
I used the same process that I used to make rolled oats granola. I added a little bit of sweetener and oil to the nuts and baked it. I like to mix half of this Grain Free Granola and one of my rolled oats granola recipes for my morning cereal.
This granola is perfect for keto diets because it's low in carbs, and high in protein. Just substitute the agave syrup with stevia or another sugar-free sweetener.
You get all the same crunch and a ton of flavor but without all the carbs.
Whenever I go on a road trip I like to have an easy breakfast to bring along. Since I don't bring my Nutribullet, I don't get to make my morning smoothie.
I have to have some protein for breakfast, or I'll be hungry an hour or two later. There have been many times when I go out to eat when traveling and the only vegan gluten-free options are a fruit bowl and hash browns or home fries.
It doesn't satisfy me. Sure I leave feeling full, but it doesn't last. Not to mention I need a nap afterward.
So if you are someone who likes to go camping or goes on road trips, this is a great vegan recipe to bring along.
Another go-to breakfast I make for traveling is overnight oats with cocoa powder and peanut butter. Those keep me full for a long time.
That recipe was a game-changer for me. To have something I can prepare the night before and eat while riding shotgun in the car is perfect. Of course, I bring meals to heat up also, like Tofu Scramble and Tofu Frittata, but meals that I can eat while on the road or in a hotel are nice to have as well.
❤️ Why You'll Love It
- It is packed with protein.
- It is simple and easy to make.
- You can easily make it sugar-free so that it is keto.
- Nuts and seeds: I used a combination of walnuts, sliced almonds, pecans, pumpkin seeds, and sunflower seeds. You could use whatever nuts and seeds you like.
- Agave syrup: Adds sweetness. You could also use maple syrup or sugar-free sweetener.
- Vanilla extract: Enhances flavors.
- Almond extract: Adds a fruity flavor. You could leave it out.
- Coconut oil: To coat the granola and to help it get crispy.
- Coconut chips: Adds a coconut flavor. You could leave it out.
This is an overview of the ingredients. To see the full list of ingredients with measurements and instructions, see the recipe card at the bottom of this post.
Step 1: Mix wet ingredients in a bowl.
Step 2: Add nuts and seeds. Toss to combine.
Step 3: Spread on a parchment-lined baking sheet.
Step 4: Bake, then add coconut chips and bake some more.
👩🏻🍳 Recipe FAQs
Grain free granola is usually made with oats. This grain free granola is made without any grains.
This grain free granola is made with nuts and seeds.
Other Vegan Granola Recipes
If you tried this Grain Free Granola Recipe or any other recipe on my website, please leave a ⭐️ star rating and let me know how you like it in the 💬 comments below. I love hearing from you!
This keto granola is low-carb and can be made sugar-free! Serve it with my Homemade Hemp Milk recipe. It's also keto-friendly.
Grain Free Granola
- Preheat oven to 325°F.
- Mix agave syrup, vanilla extract, almond extract, and coconut oil in a bowl. Heat in microwave 20-30 seconds to combine.
- Pour mixture over nuts and seeds (not coconut chips), and combine thoroughly. Bake at 325°F for 10 minutes. Flip, and bake 5 minutes. Add coconut chips and bake 5 minutes more.
*Note: Nutrition information should be considered an estimate only. Different nutrition calculators give you different results.