Whether you are looking to cut back on carbs, or are on a keto diet, this easy protein packed Grain Free Granola is a great way to start your day!
Low Carb, High Protein
Whether I am eating a vegan keto diet like I was when I came up with this recipe or not, I like to add nuts to my cereal. Sometimes I only have nuts, berries and almond milk. So I figured why not make a Grain Free Granola recipe.
I used the same process that I use to make rolled oats granola. I added a little bit of sweetener and oil to the nuts, and baked it. I like to mix half of this Grain Free Granola and one of my rolled oats granola recipes for my morning cereal.
This granola is perfect for keto diets because it’s low in carbs, and high in protein. Just substitute the agave syrup with stevia or another sugar free sweetener.
You get all the same crunch and a ton of flavor, but without all the carbs.
Perfect for Travel
Whenever I go on a road trip I like to have an easy breakfast to bring along. Since I don’t bring my Nutribullet, I don’t get to make my morning smoothie.
I have to have some protein for breakfast, or I’ll be hungry an hour or two later. There’s been many times when I go out to eat when traveling and the only vegan gluten free options are a fruit bowl and hash browns or home fries.
It doesn’t satisfy me. Sure I leave feeling full, but it doesn’t last. Not to mention I need a nap afterwards.
So if are someone who likes to go camping or takes road trips, this is a great recipe to bring along.
Another go-to breakfast I make for traveling is Chocolate Peanut Butter Overnight Oats. Those keep me full for a long time.
That recipe was a game changer for me. To have something I can prepare the night before and eat while riding shot gun in the car is perfect. Of course I bring meals to heat up also, like Tofu Scramble and Tofu Frittata, but meals that I can eat while on the road or in a hotel are nice to have also.
Want something sweet to go in your Grain Free Granola? Try some banana milk. It’s creamy and sugar-free.Whether you are looking to cut back on carbs, or are on a keto diet, this easy protein packed Grain Free Granola is a great way to start your day! Click To Tweet
Other Breakfast Recipes
- Chocolate Almond Pancakes
- Peanut Butter and Jelly Chia Pudding
- Soy Chorizo and Tofu Breakfast Tacos
- Mocha Almond Overnight Oats
*Affiliate links below. If you make a purchase through these links, I will receive a small commission.
Grain Free Granola
- 1 cup nuts and seeds – I used walnuts, slivered almonds, pecans, pumpkin seeds, and sunflower seeds*
- 1 tablespoon agave syrup or sweetener of choice
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil, melted
- 1/4 cup coconut chips
- Preheat oven to 325°.
- Mix agave syrup, vanilla extract, almond extract, and coconut oil in a bowl. Heat in microwave 20-30 seconds to combine.
- Pour mixture over nuts and seeds (not coconut chips), and combine thoroughly. Bake at 325° for 10 minutes. Flip, and bake 5 minutes. Add coconut chips and bake 5 minutes more.
*Note: If you want to add flax seeds, do not bake them, but add them afterwards. Baking them will destroy their valuable nutrients.