This healthy Mexican Vegan Frittata is an easy breakfast or brunch. It can be made ahead of time.
Adding Mexican flavors to a vegan frittata is one of my favorite ways to eat it. Black beans, onion, red pepper, and spices add all the flavors you need to make this a vegan Mexican-flavored frittata.
This is the perfect meal for a brunch. You can make it ahead of time and throw it in the oven to warm it up.
Add some grated vegan cheddar on top for richness. Serve it with sliced avocado or guacamole, vegan sour cream, or salsa.
Another recipe to try is my Vegan Mexican Cottage Pie recipe.
❤️ Why You'll Love It
- It is healthy and hearty.
- It is packed with Mexican flavors.
- It is simple and easy to make.
- Red onion: You could also use a yellow onion, white onion, or sweet onion.
- Olive oil: To cook the veggies.
- Garlic: Adds a pungent flavor.
- Red pepper: I used a red bell pepper, but you could also use a yellow or green bell pepper or another vegetable.
- Black beans: You could also use pinto beans or another bean.
- Chili powder, Mexican oregano, cayenne pepper, and cumin: Add Mexican-flavored spices. You could also use taco seasoning.
- Salt and pepper: Enhances flavors and adds flavor.
- Tofu: I used extra firm tofu packed in water found in the refrigerated section of the grocery store. You could also use firm tofu.
- Vegan cheddar: I like Follow Your Heart and Daiya brands of vegan cheddar.
This is an overview of the ingredients. To see the full list of ingredients with measurements and instructions, see the recipe card at the bottom of this post.
5 Secrets to Vegan Cooking
Free 5 Part Email Series to Elevate Your Vegan Cooking
We respect your privacy. Unsubscribe at any time.
Step 1: Cook onions until translucent.
Step 2: Add garlic. Cook 30 seconds longer.
Step 3: Add red pepper and black beans.
Step 4: Add spices.
Step 5: In a food processor, combine tofu, vegan cheddar, and salt and pepper.
Step 6: Fold in black bean mixture.
Step 7: Spread into an oiled baking pan and bake until browned on top.
👩🏻🍳 Recipe FAQs
This vegan frittata will last 5 days in an airtight container in the fridge.
You can eat this vegan hot or cold, but I prefer it hot.
Other Vegan Mexican Recipes
If you tried this Mexican Vegan Frittata Recipe or any other recipe on my website, please leave a ⭐️ star rating and let me know how you like it in the 💬 comments below. I love hearing from you!
Mexican Vegan Frittata
Black Bean Mixture
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
Black Bean Mixture
- Add olive oil to a hot pan. Add chopped onion and cook on medium heat until translucent.
- Add garlic and cook 30 seconds longer. Add chopped red pepper and black beans. Cook a few minutes, or until red pepper is crisp tender.
- Add spices and cook a minute longer.
- Mix tofu and vegan cheddar in a food processor and mix until well combined. Add salt and pepper to taste. Fold in black bean mixture, so that it is evenly distributed.
- Coat a 9" round baking pan with olive oil. Spread frittata mixture in pan and bake at 350°F for 25-35 minutes, or until browned on top.
*Note: Nutrition information should be considered an estimate only. Different nutrition calculators give you different results.