This healthy Mexican Vegan Frittata is an easy breakfast or brunch. It can be made ahead of time.
Adding Mexican flavors to a vegan frittata is one of my favorite ways to eat it. Black beans, onion, red pepper, and spices add all the flavors you need to make this a Mexican flavored frittata.
This is the perfect meal for a brunch. You can make it ahead of time and throw it in the oven to warm it up.
Add some grated vegan cheddar on top for richness. Serve it with sliced avocado or guacamole, vegan sour cream, or salsa.
This healthy Mexican Vegan Frittata is an easy breakfast or brunch. It can be made ahead of time. Click To Tweet
Other Vegan Mexican Recipes You Might Like
- Smothered Vegan Burritos
- Vegan Mexican Tortilla Pizza
- Vegan Mexican Hot Chocolate
- Sriracha Hummus Taquitos with Pineapple Mango Dipping Sauce
- Bean and Corn Enchiladas
Mexican Vegan Frittata Recipe
This tofu frittata with black beans is a healthy hearty meal.
*Don’t forget to come back and leave your feedback and star rating.
Affiliate links below. We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
Mexican Vegan Frittata
Black Bean Mixture
- 1/2 cup chopped red onion
- 1 tablespoon olive oil + more to oil pan
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 red pepper, chopped (1 cup)
- 15 ounces black beans
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon Mexican oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- Salt and pepper
- 14 ounces extra firm tofu
- 1/2 cup chopped vegan cheddar
- Salt and pepper
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Black Bean Mixture: Add olive oil to a hot pan. Add chopped onion and cook on medium heat until translucent.
- Add garlic and cook 30 seconds longer. Add chopped red pepper and black beans. Cook a few minutes, or until red pepper is crisp tender.
- Add spices and cook a minute longer.
- Tofu Mixture: Mix tofu and vegan cheddar in a food processor and mix until well combined. Add salt and pepper to taste. Fold in black bean mixture, so that it is evenly distributed.
- Coat a 9" round baking pan with olive oil. Spread frittata mixture in pan and bake at 350° for 25-35 minutes, or until browned on top.
*Note: Nutrition information should be considered an estimate only. Different nutrition calculators give you different results.