This healthy Jackfruit and Cauliflower Rice Burrito has a spicy crunchy filling. It is a quick and easy meal.
Taco flavored jackfruit and cauliflower rice wrapped in your favorite tortilla, what's not to love? Made with a Lime Crema to balance out the spicy flavors.
If you've never had jackfruit before, it is found in tropical regions of the world. It is commonly used in South and Southeast Asian cooking.
To me, it tastes like artichoke hearts. This Jackfruit and Cauliflower Rice Burrito is actually only my second time having it. The first time was a seasoned package that I included in some Jackfruit Enchiladas.
The great thing about jackfruit is it's similar to tofu in that it takes on the flavors that you add to it. It shreds nicely, which is why you see so many vegan BBQ jackfruit sandwiches.
I've included a recipe for Lime Crema, but you could use guacamole or vegan sour cream instead. I definitely think it needs some form of lime juice, whether that be in the form of lime crema, lime juice added to guacamole, or just squirted on the burrito.
The lime adds brightness, and in the form of crema, it balances out the spice.
For my Lime Crema, I added a small amount of maple syrup to balance out the tartness of the cream. It also helps to give the burritos a little sweet and spicy moment.
❤️ Why You'll Love It
- It is a healthy and hearty meal.
- It's made in under 30 minutes, making it perfect for weeknights.
- It is comforting and flavorful.
- Lime juice: I juiced fresh limes. I do not recommend store-bought lime juice because it has additives.
- Vegan yogurt: I used plain unsweetened coconut yogurt. You can use your favorite, just make sure it is unsweetened and plain.
- Maple syrup: Adds sweetness. You could also use agave syrup.
- Salt: Enhances flavors.
Jackfruit and Cauliflower Burrito
- Jackfruit: I used canned young green jackfruit in brine.
- Onion: I used a yellow onion. You could also use a white onion or a sweet onion.
- Olive oil: To cook the veggies.
- Cauliflower rice: You can use fresh or frozen cauliflower rice. If you use fresh cauliflower you can add it to a food processor and pulse it until you get the consistency you want.
- Salsa: I used roasted tomato salsa. Use your favorite homemade or store-bought salsa.
- Chili powder, cayenne pepper, Mexican oregano, and cumin: Add the taco-flavored spices. You could also use taco seasoning.
- Salt and pepper: Enhances flavors and adds flavor.
- Tortillas: I used gluten-free spinach amaranth tortillas. Use your favorite tortillas.
This is an overview of the ingredients. To see the full list of ingredients with measurements and instructions, see the recipe card at the bottom of this post.
5 Secrets to Vegan Cooking
Free 5 Part Email Series to Elevate Your Vegan Cooking
We respect your privacy. Unsubscribe at any time.
Step 1: Cook onions in a pan until translucent.
Step 2: Add cauliflower rice, jackfruit, salsa, and spices. Cook about 10 minutes.
Step 3: Spoon some of the jackfruit mixture onto a tortilla along with some salsa. Fold the sides in and roll tightly away from you. Serve the Jackfruit and Cauliflower Rice Burrito with Lime Crema.
👩🏻🍳 Recipe FAQs
This vegan jackfruit burrito is made with young green jackfruit cooked in salsa and spices and wrapped in a tortilla with cauliflower rice.
Young jackfruit can be shredded like pork and it takes on the flavors you add to it.
🌯 Other Vegan Burritos
If you tried this Jackfruit and Cauliflower Rice Burrito Recipe or any other recipe on my website, please leave a ⭐️ star rating and let me know how you like it in the 💬 comments below. I love hearing from you!
Jackfruit and Cauliflower Rice Burrito
- ½ cup chopped onion
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 20 ounces green jackfruit in brine shredded
- 2 cups cauliflower rice fresh or frozen
- 1 cup salsa - I used roasted tomato
- ½ teaspoon chili powder
- ¼ teaspoon cayenne pepper
- ½ teaspoon Mexican oregano crushed in your hands
- ¼ teaspoon cumin
- Salt and pepper
- 8 gluten free tortillas - I used spinach amaranth
- Mix all the ingredients.
- Add olive oil to a hot pan. Add chopped onions and cook on medium heat until translucent.
- Add shredded jackfruit, cauliflower rice, salsa, and seasonings. Cook about 10 minutes until the salsa is cooked down and the jackfruit and cauliflower rice is heated through.
- Spoon some of the jackfruit mixture onto a tortilla along with some salsa. Fold the sides in and roll tightly away from you. Serve with Lime Crema.
*Note: Nutrition information should be considered an estimate only. Different nutrition calculators give you different results.