This rich and creamy Mint Hot Chocolate has just the right amount of mint to add a bright note.
Rich and Creamy
The next best thing to eating dark vegan chocolate is drinking it in my book. This Mint Hot Chocolate is thick and rich with the perfect amount of sweetness.
Peppermint extract adds a bright note. It is the perfect drink for the holidays.
Mint and chocolate go together like peanut butter and jelly, chips and salsa, tomato soup and vegan grilled cheese, French fries and ketchup - you get the idea.
After being out in the cold, this vegan hot chocolate is the perfect way to warm you up. Add some vodka or tequila for an adult beverage and curl up in front of the fireplace with a warm blanket and some Netflix.
This rich and creamy Mint Hot Chocolate has just the right amount of mint to add a bright note. Click To Tweet
Other Holiday Recipes That You Might Like
- Vegan Mexican Chocolate Covered Almonds
- 2 Ingredient Vegan Peanut Butter Fudge
- Maple Chipotle Cashews
- Vegan Nog
- Sun-Dried Tomato and Basil Vegan Cheese Ball
Tips for Making Mint Hot Chocolate
- Let the mixture come to a simmer, not a boil. That way it doesn't burn.
- You may be wondering why salt is added. It brings out the sweetness and it adds balance to the drink. If you want to see the difference yourself, try it first without, then with. Your taste buds will thank you!
- As always, taste as you go. You may want more maple syrup or chocolate chips than I've included.
- For a really creamy frothy whipped coconut cream, use only the thick part of the coconut milk after refrigerating. I use the whole can because the brand I buy gets pretty thick after refrigerating.
Mint Hot Chocolate
Warm up with this Mint Hot Chocolate this season. Your taste buds will thank you!
*Don't forget to come back and leave your feedback and star rating.
Affiliate links below. We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
You May Need:
Mint Hot Chocolate
- Warm the almond milk in a saucepan.
- Add chocolate chips, vanilla extract, peppermint extract, maple syrup, and salt and simmer on low for a few minutes until chocolate melts and mixture becomes frothy.
- Mint Whipped Cream: Place coconut milk in the fridge overnight. You can scoop off the coconut cream off the top or use the whole can.* Mix coconut milk and peppermint extract in a food processor or Nutribullet.
*Note: Nutrition information should be considered an estimate only. Different nutrition calculators give you different results.