This sweet rich Vegan Hot Chocolate is made with dark chocolate and topped with coconut whipped cream. You won't want store bought after this!
I have been enjoying Vegan Hot Chocolate and Hot Cocoa lately. Some of you may be wondering what the difference is.
Hot Cocoa has cocoa powder, or my personal preference, raw cacao powder. Hot Chocolate has grated chocolate in it, so it contains all the ingredients of whatever chocolate you are using, like sugar and vanilla.
I personally prefer hot chocolate over hot cocoa, probably because it is rich and thick from the dark chocolate being melted down, but I will gladly drink either one.
First, I made Vegan Mexican Hot Chocolate because Mexican dark chocolate is one of my favorite treats. If you have never had Mexican chocolate, I highly recommend trying it. It has a distinctive rich flavor and has a grainy texture.
Then, I made a Peanut Butter Hot Cocoa, with a peanut butter and chocolate drizzle on top. What can I say, I am on a hot chocolate and hot cocoa kick!This Vegan Hot Chocolate is sweet and rich with dark chocolate and coconut whipped cream! https://createmindfully.com/vegan-hot-chocolate/ Click To Tweet
I will admit, I really love dark chocolate, and have had it in my house consistently the last few months. While many people were eating cookies and fudge for the holidays, I was eating dark chocolate, and now I am drinking it.
This tastes great as a cocktail too. I added about one and a half ounces of vodka per cup. The warming sensation from the Vegan Hot Chocolate and the vodka reminded me of a hot toddy, which is another Winter favorite of mine.
Other Holiday Recipes That You Might Like
- Vegan Mexican Chocolate Covered Almonds
- 2 Ingredient Vegan Peanut Butter Fudge
- Maple Chipotle Cashews
- Vegan Nog
- Sun-Dried Tomato and Basil Vegan Cheese Ball
Vegan Hot Chocolate
Curl up with some Vegan Hot Chocolate and forget about all your cares!
*Don't forget to come back and leave your feedback and star rating.
Affiliate links below. We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
You May Need:
Vegan Hot Chocolate
- Refrigerate coconut milk overnight. Scoop thick part off the top. Mix coconut milk in a high speed blender or Nutribullet. Refrigerate.
- Bring almond milk to a simmer in a small saucepan over medium-high heat. Add in grated chocolate, vanilla extract, and stevia. Reduce the heat to medium-low. Simmer for 10 minutes, whisking constantly until chocolate is melted and almond milk is frothy.
- Top with whipped coconut milk and grated chocolate.
*Note: Nutrition information should be considered an estimate only. Different nutrition calculators give you different results.