This easy Vegan Nog Chia Pudding is a healthy dessert for the holidays. Make it a keto chia pudding by using stevia.
One of my favorite things about the holidays is when the makers of almond milk come out with their seasonal drinks. Vegan nog is probably my favorite of all the flavors.
A few years ago I came up with my own recipe. I love it because I can make it any time of the year and I can control the ingredients.
I use ingredients like freshly ground nutmeg and a vanilla bean. Here, I used the same ingredients but in their ground and extract form.
Here I only used almond milk. If you make up a batch of my Vegan Nog, you could use that mixed with chia seeds instead.
Either way, this Vegan Nog Chia Pudding is festive and lip-smackingly good.
If you prefer a more traditional pudding texture, blend all the ingredients in a high speed blender or Nutribullet.
If you've never had chia seeds before, they are slightly nutty but are neutral enough in flavor that they can be made into chia jam, crackers, and pudding.
Add them to smoothies and overnight oats. Use them in place of eggs in baked goods. They are high in fiber, protein, vitamins, and minerals.
They are perfect for a vegan keto diet since chia seeds are low in carbs and high in fiber and protein.
❤️ Why You'll Love It
- It is sweet and flavorful.
- It is a healthy treat.
- It is simple and easy to make.
- Almond milk: I used unsweetened almond milk because I like to control the amount of sweetener. You could also use oat milk, soy milk, or another dairy-free milk.
- Chia seeds: Get gelatinous in liquid. For a traditional pudding texture, you can blend all the ingredients in a blender.
- Cinnamon and nutmeg: Adds the warming flavors that eggnog is known for.
- Maple syrup: Adds sweetness. You could also use agave syrup, date paste, or brown sugar.
- Vanilla extract: Enhances flavors.
- Salt: Enhances sweetness.
- Candied pecans (optional): I used Homemade Candied Pecans. They are optional but recommended because they are delicious!
To see the full list of ingredients with measurements and instructions, see the recipe card at the bottom of this post.
5 Secrets to Vegan Cooking
Free 5 Part Email Series to Elevate Your Vegan Cooking
We respect your privacy. Unsubscribe at any time.
Step 1: In a bowl add almond milk and chia seeds.
Step 2: Whisk.
Step 4: Whisk to combine.
👩🏻🍳 Recipe FAQs
For chia pudding, I like to soak chia seeds for 30 minutes to an hour.
Chia pudding is a great way to start your day. It is high in fiber and protein.
Other Vegan Chia Pudding Recipes
This healthy chia pudding can easily be made a keto chia pudding by using stevia.
If you tried this Vegan Nog Chia Pudding Recipe or any other recipe on my website, please leave a ⭐️ star rating and let me know how you like it in the 💬 comments below. I love hearing from you!
Vegan Nog Chia Pudding
- Mix chia seeds and almond milk. Let sit 30 minutes to an hour to get gelatinous.
- Add the rest of the ingredients and whisk or blend in a Nutribullet or high speed blender for a creamy texture.
- Top with Candied Pumpkin Pie Spice Pecans, if using.
*Note: Nutrition information should be considered an estimate only. Different nutrition calculators give you different results.