This simple Carrot Cake Overnight Oats is a healthy way to start your day. The whole family will love it!
After making Carrot Cake Energy Bites a while back, I've been really into having carrots in sweet dishes. These vegan overnight oats are a great way to get your kiddos to eat more veggies!
Another overnight oats recipe with hidden veggies is my Pumpkin Pie Overnight Oats recipe.
Overnight oats are perfect for busy weekday mornings when you need to get out the door.
My Banana Cream Pie Overnight Oats are one of my top recipes.
To have your coffee at the same time as your breakfast, try some Thai Coffee Overnight Oats.
❤️ Why You'll Love It
- It is healthy but tastes like carrot cake.
- Made the night before, it is perfect for busy mornings.
- It is simple and easy to make.
- Gluten-free rolled oats: Old-fashioned rolled oats work best for overnight oats. They get soft enough while not being too mushy.
- Grated carrots: Adds a sweet earthy note. I grated the carrots for a better mouthfeel. Another carrot recipe to try is my Carrot Ginger Juice recipe.
- Maple syrup: I used maple syrup because it is one of my favorite sweeteners. You could also use agave syrup, dates, brown sugar, white sugar, or a sugar-free sweetener.
- Cinnamon, nutmeg, and allspice: Add a warm spice taste.
- Almond milk or soy milk: I like both almond milk and soy milk because they are rich and creamy. You can use whatever dairy-free milk you like.
- Salt: To enhance the flavors and bring out the sweetness of the maple syrup.
- Walnuts or pecans: For some crunch. You could also use another type of nut or leave them out altogether.
- Shredded coconut: For flavor and texture. You could leave it out.
5 Secrets to Transforming Tofu
FREE 5 part email series to help you cook tofu like a pro.
We respect your privacy. Unsubscribe at any time.
Step 1: Add almond milk or soy milk with rolled oats in a mason jar. Add shredded carrots, spices, maple syrup, and salt. Let sit overnight.
Step 2: In the morning add more shredded carrots, if desired, chopped walnuts or pecans, and shredded coconut.
How Long Do They Need to Soak?
Place the oats in the fridge for a minimum of 3-4 hours up to 72 hours.
- You may want more liquid than I've listed. Start with the amount shown and check the consistency in the morning to see if you want more after it's been absorbed.
- Add the chopped walnuts or pecans and shredded coconut right before you eat it so that they don't absorb the liquid.
📖 Variations / Additions
- Pineapple or other sweet fruit
- Pumpkin purée
- Nut butter
- Vegan yogurt
- Chia seeds
- Vanilla extract
- Protein powder
- Hemp seeds
- Flax seeds
You can eat these overnight oats straight from the fridge or heat them up if you wish. To heat them, remove the lid and microwave at 30 second intervals until warmed to your liking.
👩🏻🍳 Recipe FAQs
These overnight oats will last up to 3 days in an airtight container in the fridge.
Add a sweetener, like maple syrup or agave syrup. Adding vegan yogurt also makes it taste better.
🥣 Other Overnight Oats Recipes
If you tried this Carrot Cake Overnight Oats Recipe or any other recipe on my website, please leave a ⭐️ star rating and let me know how you like it in the 💬 comments below. I love hearing from you!
Carrot Cake Overnight Oats
- Place rolled oats, almond milk or soy milk, shredded carrots, spices, maple syrup, and salt in a mason jar. Let sit overnight.
- Top oats with more shredded carrots, if desired, walnuts or pecans, and shredded coconut.
*Note: Nutrition information should be considered an estimate only. Different nutrition calculators give you different results.