Made in 5 minutes, this mild Pico de Gallo pairs well with chips, tacos, or tostadas. It will be the first thing to go at a party!
I am a big salsa lover, and living close to the Mexican border, that's a good thing.
There are many ways to make salsa. You can cook the tomatoes, which is the salsa you often find in restaurants, or you can use fresh tomatoes, which is Pico de Gallo, also known as salsa fresca (fresh salsa).
You can get creative by adding things like black beans, corn, mango, pineapple, or cucumber, to name a few.
This Pico de Gallo is way milder than all of my other salsas, even the fruity sweet ones. It is sweet in its own right because I used plum tomatoes.
❤️ Why You'll Love It
- It is fairly mild, but you could make it spicier if you want. It is perfect for people who don't like spicy salsa.
- It's made in about 5 minutes.
- It's really versatile. Use it on tacos, vegan nachos, or a burrito.
- Tomatoes: I used plum tomatoes. You could also use cherry tomatoes, grape tomatoes, or a large tomato.
- Onion: I used a yellow onion. You could also use a red onion or white onion.
- Cilantro: To me, it isn't pico de gallo without the cilantro. It adds a lot of flavor. For those of you who don't like cilantro, leave it out.
- Jalapeño: Adds spice. For less spice, remove the seeds and ribs. If you want it even spicier, use a serrano pepper.
- Lime juice: Adds a tangy flavor.
- Salt: Enhances flavors. I like to use sea salt.
To see the full list of ingredients with measurements and instructions, see the recipe card at the bottom of this post.
Sign Up For My Newsletter
Get a FREE Vegan Mexican Recipes eBook as a welcome gift!
Unsubscribe at any time.
👩🏻🍳 Recipe FAQs
This pico de gallo recipe is made with tomatoes, onion, cilantro, jalapeño, lime juice, and salt.
Other Homemade Salsa Recipes
If you tried this Pico de Gallo Recipe or any other recipe on my website, please leave a ⭐️ star rating and let me know how you like it in the 💬 comments below. I love hearing from you!
Pico de Gallo
- Chop tomatoes, onion, and cilantro. Finely chop jalapeño.
- In a bowl combine all the ingredients. Stir.
*Note: Nutrition information should be considered an estimate only. Different nutrition calculators give you different results.