This Mango Salsa is sweet and spicy. Made with a handful of ingredients, it comes together in no time! It pairs well with smoky flavors.
Lately I have been making a lot of Mexican food.
So, expect more Mexican inspired recipes coming soon. Of course, living in Tucson it is easy to be inspired by all the Mexican cuisine surrounding me.
I love sweet and spicy food, so Mango Salsa and I get along great. I used jalapeño for this recipe, but if you want even more spice, you could use serrano pepper.
This salsa goes well with spicy foods. Even though it has a little spice, the sweetness of the mango adds a cool, refreshing touch.
How to Make This Recipe
- Peel and chop mango.
- Chop red onion, jalapeño, and cilantro.
- Combine chopped mango, red onion, jalapeño, and cilantro in a bowl.
- Juice limes, Add to the mixture.
- Add salt to taste. Mix well.
- Place in the fridge for about an hour so that the flavors combine.
How Long Will It Last?
This recipe will last about 5 days in an airtight container in the fridge.
- Use serrano pepper for a spicier salsa or include the seeds and veins of the jalapeño.
- For less spice, take out the seeds and veins of the jalapeño or start with less.
Ways To Serve
This sweet and spicy salsa is quite versatile. If you've never had a fruit based salsa, then you are missing out!
Affiliate links below. We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
*Don't forget to come back and leave your feedback and star rating.
Aren't these ramekins cute for serving salsa!
- 2 mangoes chopped
- ¼ cup chopped red onion
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped jalapeño
- ¼ cup chopped cilantro
- 2 tablespoons key lime juice
- Put chopped mango, red onion, jalapeño, and cilantro together in a bowl.
- Juice key limes and add to the mix. Add salt to taste.
- Let sit in the fridge for at least an hour or longer so that flavors meld together.
*Note: Nutrition information should be considered an estimate only. Different nutrition calculators give you different results.
I ate this with the maple chipotle black bean lettuce wraps. It was a great combination! Thanks for the recipes!
Willow Moon says
Thanks Maria, I'm glad you liked both of them!
This looks SO good! I love salsa with guacamole and tostito chips - I definitely need to try this!
That looks delicious! I love salsa and mango's make salsa so much better! I've always had other peoples mango salsa so I will be definitely adding this to my recipe book to try!
Shann Eva says
Yum! This looks very tasty. I love mango and salsa, so it looks like a great combo. I also lived in Tucson for a few years for school, and I loved it there.
Thanks for a recipe, it looks SO tasty! 🙂