This Mango Habanero Salsa is sweet and spicy. Made with a handful of ingredients, it comes together in minutes. It pairs well with smoky flavors.
This homemade Mango Habanero Salsa is sweet, spicy, and fruity. Made with fresh or frozen mangos, you can have it any time of the year.
Sweet and spicy is my favorite flavor combination, so this salsa is right up my alley. It goes well with tortilla chips, on nachos, or on tacos.
You can make it with habanero pepper, serrano pepper, or jalapeño, depending on the spice level you want, or you could also adjust the amount you use.
❤️ Why You'll Love It
- It's sweet and spicy.
- It's quick and easy to make.
- It's made with only five ingredients.
- Mango: You can use fresh mangos or frozen mangos. If you use frozen mangos, make sure to let them thaw completely.
- Red onion: I love red onion for this recipe, but you could also use yellow onion, white onion, or green onion.
- Cilantro: To me, salsa isn't salsa without fresh cilantro, but I know not everyone likes cilantro. You could leave it out if that is you.
- Habanero pepper: Habanero peppers are really hot, so you don't need much. Because I didn't use very much habanero pepper in this recipe, it isn't very hot. You could also use serrano pepper or jalapeño for a milder salsa. If you use jalapeño, I would add up to a tablespoon of finely chopped jalapeño. That is what I used when I first published this recipe.
- Lime juice: Fresh lime juice is best. I do not recommend store-bought lime juice because it contains additives.
- Salt: Enhances flavors.
This is an overview of the ingredients. To see the full list of ingredients with measurements and instructions, see the recipe card at the bottom of this post.
📖 Variations / Additions
- Red bell pepper
- Maple syrup or another sweetener to add sweetness if your mangos aren't sweet enough
- For less spice, take out the seeds and veins of the habanero or use a serrano or jalapeño.
- Wear gloves when chopping the habanero!
5 Secrets to Vegan Cooking
Free 5 Part Email Series to Elevate Your Vegan Cooking
We respect your privacy. Unsubscribe at any time.
Step 1: Add chopped mango, habanero, cilantro, red onion, cilantro, lime juice, and salt to a bowl.
Step 2: Mix to combine. Place in the refrigerator for about an hour so that the flavors combine.
👩🏻🍳 Recipe FAQs
This sweet and spicy mango habanero salsa recipe is made with mango, habanero pepper, red onion, cilantro, lime juice, and salt.
This mango habanero salsa is sweet, spicy, and flavorful. It has the perfect balance of flavors and the perfect amount of spice.
Other Homemade Salsa Recipes
If you tried this Mango Habanero Salsa Recipe or any other recipe on my website, please leave a ⭐️ star rating and let me know how you like it in the 💬 comments below. I love hearing from you!
I originally posted this recipe on May 16, 2015. I added new photos and text when I republished it.
Mango Habanero Salsa
- Add chopped mango, red onion, habanero, cilantro, lime juice, and salt to a bowl.
- Stir to combine. Let sit in the fridge for at least an hour or longer so that flavors meld together.
*Note: Nutrition information should be considered an estimate only. Different nutrition calculators give you different results.