Pizza Popcorn combines two comfort food favorites. Made easy by making it in a paper bag in the microwave!
Pizza flavored popcorn, yes please! This Pizza Popcorn is a fun way to switch up everyone's favorite movie snack.
Sun-dried tomatoes, Italian seasoning, and nutritional yeast, along with a touch of garlic and onion powder make up the pizza flavoring.
If you host movie night parties this vegan popcorn is a must-have on your menu! It is a perfect addition to a popcorn bar, where guests choose from a variety of popcorn toppings.
Brown Bag It
Did you know that you can pop popcorn in a paper bag in the microwave? Yup, you can.
It's not only cheaper, but you can control the ingredients. You just put the kernels in the bag, fold over the top a couple of times, and lay the bag down in the microwave.
Mine takes 3 minutes to pop, which is the same amount of time it takes for store-bought microwave popcorn.
I normally eat my popcorn with coconut oil, salt, and nutritional yeast, but it's fun to switch things up now and again. This Pizza popcorn has been my latest craze.
Now I just need to wait for the new season of The Walking Dead...
Pizza Popcorn combines two comfort food favorites. Made easy by making it in a paper bag in the microwave! Click To Tweet
Other Snacks You May Like
- Sriracha Roasted Chickpeas
- Maple Chipotle Cashews
- Vegan Cream Cheese Puffs
- Cranberry Stuffed Dates
- Baked Tofu Fries
Tips for Making Pizza Popcorn
- Taste seasoning before adding to the popcorn. You may want more or less of an ingredient.
- Add pizza topping right before serving, otherwise the popcorn will get soggy.
- To save money, pop your popcorn in a brown paper lunch bag: place popcorn kernels in a brown paper lunch bag, fold over the top a couple of times and lay flat in the microwave. Pop for 3 minutes (or for however long you normally pop microwave popcorn). No oil needed.
This vegan popcorn is truly addicting. Don't say I didn't warn you!
*Don't forget to come back and leave your feedback and star rating.
Affiliate links below. We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
You May Need:
- 2 tablespoons popcorn kernels (4 cups popped)
- 1/4 cup sun-dried tomatoes in oil, finely chopped
- 3 tablespoons oil from sun-dried tomato jar
- 1/4 cup nutritional yeast
- 2 teaspoons Italian seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- In a lunch sized paper bag, add popcorn kernels and fold over the top of bag a couple of times. Lay flat in microwave. Pop 3 minutes in microwave, or whatever time you normally pop store-bought microwave popcorn. (No oil needed.) Or use store-bought and pop per directions.
- Mix together sun-dried tomatoes, nutritional yeast, Italian seasoning, onion powder, and garlic powder. Add to popcorn, mixing well.
*Note: Nutrition information should be considered an estimate only. Different nutrition calculators give you different results.