This easy Sun-Dried Tomato and Basil Hummus is a healthy addition to a sandwich or vegetable platter. It's made in minutes!
This Sun-Dried Tomato and Basil Hummus is one of my favorite hummus recipes. It is quite versatile.
Sun-dried tomatoes and basil are a match made in heaven. If you love the combination as much as I do, check out my Sun-Dried Tomato and Basil Chickpea Salad Sandwich or my Sun-Dried Tomato Pesto Pasta.
Both are made in 15 minutes or less, making them perfect for a weeknight.
I also have an easy 5 Ingredient Sun-Dried Tomato Soup recipe that comes together quickly.
- Garbanzo beans: Adds the texture, flavor, and creaminess hummus is known for.
- Tahini: Also a traditional hummus ingredient. Adds a nutty sesame flavor.
- Sun-dried tomatoes: Adds a sweet tart flavor. I used sun-dried tomatoes in oil, but you could use the dry ones as well. Just make sure to soak them in warm water first.
- Fresh basil: Adds a sweet and savory flavor with hints of anise.
- Lemon juice: Adds a bright tart flavor.
- Garlic: Adds a pungent flavor.
- Water: To thin it out.
- Olive oil: Adds creaminess.
- Salt: Enhances the other flavors.
5 Secrets to Transforming Tofu
FREE 5 part email series to help you cook tofu like a pro.
We respect your privacy. Unsubscribe at any time.
Mix garbanzo beans, tahini, lemon juice, garlic, sun-dried tomatoes, fresh basil, olive oil, salt, and water in a food processor until creamy.
This hummus recipe will last about 5 days in an airtight container in the fridge.
How to Use Hummus
When people think of hummus, many people think of it as a dip, but forget it can be used other ways.
Ways to Use Hummus
- Vegan Refried Bean Burrito with Jalapeño Cilantro Hummus
- Spicy Hummus Tortilla Pizza
- Veggie Sandwich with Basil Pesto Hummus
- Black Bean Hummus Collard Wrap
Other Hummus Recipes
There's no need to make hummus when it's so easy to make your own. Once you have the base ingredients to your liking, you can add any flavors you choose.
*I originally posted this recipe on April 21, 2015. I added new photos and text when I republished it.
*Don't forget to come back and leave your feedback and star rating.
🧂 You May Need
Sun-Dried Tomato and Basil Hummus
- Mix all ingredients in a food processor until smooth.
*Note: Nutrition information should be considered an estimate only. Different nutrition calculators give you different results.