This tasty Refried Bean Grilled Cheese is an easy meal. It's made with refried beans and taco spices.
This Refried Bean Grilled Cheese has refried beans that have gotten an upgrade. I added onion, garlic, tomatoes, and taco spices.
Once you've had these refried beans, you won't want refried beans straight out of the can again!
This vegan grilled cheese is an easy meal. Dip it in salsa or enchilada sauce for more spice.
This Refried Bean Grilled Cheese is similar to a mollete, which is a Mexican open-faced sandwich with refried beans and cheese that is topped with jalapeño or serrano peppers.This tasty Refried Bean Grilled Cheese is an easy meal. It's made with refried beans and taco spices. Click To Tweet
Normally I use brown rice bread. I've tried a couple of other vegan gluten free breads by the same company, but I like the brown rice the best.
Recently a reader told me about a Northern Bakehouse Millet Chia Bread. Talk about game changer!
This bread is soft and fluffy like white bread. It isn't dense at all like brown rice bread or other vegan gluten free breads that I've tried.
When I make a sandwich I like a good bread to filling ratio. With a bread like this I get the ratio I want, and it's squishable.
Other Vegan Mexican Recipes You Might Like
- Spicy Tofu Tacos
- Smothered Vegan Burritos
- Black Bean and Corn Vegan Quesadilla
- Bean and Mexican Cauliflower Rice Burritos
How Long Do Refried Beans Last in The Fridge?
They will last about 4 days. If you don't think you'll eat them up in that time, you can freeze them in a freezer bag for 1-2 months.
- Make the refried beans ahead of time to make things easier.
- Make tacos or a Mexican pizza another night to switch things up.
- Cook the vegan grilled cheese in vegan mayo for a rich sandwich. Spread the vegan mayo on the outside of one of the slices, place in the pan, then spread on the other slice facing you. That way you don't get mayo all over your cutting board.
- For extra spice, dip the sandwich in your favorite salsa or enchilada sauce.
*Don't forget to come back and leave your feedback and star rating.
Affiliate links below. We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
Thanks to a reader, the bread below is my new favorite bread. It is soft and fluffy like white bread.
It is Northern Bakehouse millet chia bread. I highly recommend it.
Refried Bean Grilled Cheese
- Spread refried bean mixture on one slice of bread. Top with shredded vegan cheddar. Top with other slice of bread.
- Spread 1 teaspoon vegan mayo on the outside of one of the slices of bread. Place face down in a hot pan. While the grilled cheese is cooking over medium heat, spread the other teaspoon of vegan mayo on the other piece of bread (the side facing you). Cook until golden brown on both sides.
*Note: Nutrition information should be considered an estimate only. Different nutrition calculators give you different results.