These spicy vegan gluten free Bean and Mexican Cauliflower Rice Burritos are great for a weeknight because they are super easy to throw together.
Living In Tucson, I see and hear a lot about authentic Mexican cuisine. In Mexico, it is common to wrap burritos with only a couple of ingredients: meat and refried beans.
One way that we have Americanized a burrito in the United States is by stuffing it with a combination of ingredients. It is common to include ingredients such as rice, lettuce, guacamole, beans or refried beans, and salsa.
These Bean and Mexican Cauliflower Rice Burritos are my way of Americanizing a burrito without the added carbs of rice. I don't make rice very often anyway. I usually make quinoa because of its high protein content and because it is easier to make than rice.
I love to use Mexican cauliflower rice in place of rice because its consistency is similar and I get more veggies in my diet. These vegan burritos are on the spicy side, so you will probably want to load up on some guacamole or vegan sour cream to cool your palate!
❤️ Why You'll Love It
- It is healthy and hearty.
- It is an easy recipe that comes together in less than 30 minutes.
- It is spicy and comforting.
- Mexican cauliflower rice: Replaces rice. Adds a spicy note.
- Pinto beans: Adds a creamy nutty taste.
- Tortillas: When I originally published this recipe I used spinach amaranth tortillas found locally. When I republished this recipe, I used some local gluten-free tortillas. Use whatever your favorite is.
- Vegan sour cream: Adds a creamy texture and cuts through the spice.
- Salsa fresca: For even more spice and flavor.
- Guacamole: For a creamy note.
📖 Variations / Additions
- Black beans
- Refried beans
- Sliced avocado
- Hot sauce
- Pickled Peppers and Onions
- Vegan cheddar
Sign Up For My Newsletter
Get a FREE Vegan Mexican Recipes eBook as a welcome gift!
Unsubscribe at any time.
Step 1: Make the Mexican cauliflower rice.
Step 2: Heat a tortilla on the stove or in the microwave.
Step 3: Heat beans and spread on a tortilla.
Step 4: Layer Mexican cauliflower rice on top of beans.
Step 5: Add vegan sour cream, salsa, or your favorite toppings.
Step 6: Fold each side of the burrito and tightly roll away from you.
👩🏻🍳 Recipe FAQs
This bean burrito has Mexican cauliflower rice and pinto beans. You can add salsa, guacamole, and vegan sour cream to balance out the spice.
How long does a bean burrito last?
I recommend assembling the burritos right before serving. Each component will last 5 days in an airtight container in the fridge. You can assemble the day before if needed.
Other Vegan Mexican-Inspired Recipes
If you tried this Bean and Mexican Cauliflower Rice Burritos Recipe or any other recipe on my website, please leave a ⭐️ star rating and let me know how you like it in the 💬 comments below. I love hearing from you!
These spicy vegan bean burritos are a healthy meal!
Bean and Mexican Cauliflower Rice Burritos
- Warm tortilla on stove-top or in microwave. Lay out on a cutting board.
- Heat beans and spread on the bottom third of a tortilla.
- Heat Mexican cauliflower rice and add on top of the beans.
- Spoon vegan sour cream, salsa, and/or guacamole on top.
- Fold the two sides on the left and right in. Roll the burrito tightly.
*Note: Nutrition information should be considered an estimate only. Different nutrition calculators give you different results.