These easy Refried Bean Tacos are a simple healthy meal. The refried beans are doctored up with spices for a flavorful filling.
I don’t know what’s gotten into me, but I’ve been on a major taco making kick the last two weeks.
I guess part of the reason is not wanting the taco shells to go stale. That would not be good.
Of course for all of you, the recipes will be separated out over months.These easy Refried Bean Tacos are a simple healthy meal. The refried beans are doctored up with spices for a flavorful filling. Click To Tweet
For these Refried Bean Tacos, I enhanced the refried beans with sautéed onions, diced tomatoes, and spices. No one can say these refried beans are lacking in flavor!
It’s totally worth taking a few extra minutes to add the ingredients to the beans. They not only taste better, but they have a better consistency as well.
They also make a great side dish to Vegan Green Corn Tamales.
Make these vegan tacos however you desire. I ate mine with salsa, chopped Romaine lettuce, sliced Kalamata olives, and shredded vegan cheddar.
Other Vegan Mexican Recipes You Might Like
- Spicy Tofu Tacos
- Smothered Vegan Burritos
- Black Bean and Corn Vegan Quesadilla
- Vegan Refried Bean Burrito with Jalapeño Cilantro Hummus
How Long Do Refried Beans Last in The Fridge?
They will last about 4 days. If you don’t think you’ll eat them up in that time, you can freeze them in a freezer bag for 1-2 months.
How To Make Refried Bean Tacos
Cook onion in olive oil until translucent. Then, you add garlic and cook 30 seconds longer.
Next come canned diced tomatoes, spices, and vegan cheddar. Cook until heated through.
Pile doctored up refried bean mixture into heated taco shells along with your favorite taco ingredients. I used lettuce, Kalamata olives, vegan cheddar, and salsa.
Refried Bean Tacos
These Refried Bean Tacos are an easy meal for taco night!
*Don’t forget to come back and leave your feedback and star rating.
Affiliate links below. We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
You May Need:
Refried Bean Tacos
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 clove garlic minced
- 16 ounces vegetarian refried beans
- 1/2 cup canned diced tomatoes
- 1/2 teapoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon Mexican oregano crushed
- 1/4 cup shredded vegan cheddar optional
- Salt and pepper
- 8 taco shells
- Heat a pan on medium heat. Add olive oil and onions. Cook until translucent.
- Add minced garlic. Cook 30 seconds longer.
- Add refried beans, diced tomatoes, and all the spices. Cook until heated through. Add vegan cheddar. Mix thoroughly so it melts into beans.
- Heat taco shells as per instructions on package. Pile in refried bean mixture, salsa, lettuce, vegan cheddar, and Kalamata olives.
*Note: Nutrition information should be considered an estimate only. Different nutrition calculators give you different results.