This Vegan Pizza Grilled Cheese has all the flavors of a pizza in the form of a sandwich. Made in 10 minutes, it's a quick and easy weeknight meal.
The whole family will love this vegan grilled cheese. Having all the flavors of pizza, what's not to love?
Made in 10 minutes, it's an easy weeknight meal. While you're at it, make some Pizza Popcorn.
Other grilled cheese recipes to try are my Vegan Grilled Cheese Recipe with Onions and Red Pepper and my Vegan Grilled Cheese with Beans.
❤️ Why You'll Love It
- It tastes like a pizza but in the form of a grilled cheese sandwich.
- It's made in 10 minutes!
- It is comforting and flavorful.
- Bread: I used gluten-free millet chia bread. Use your favorite.
- Marinara sauce: You could also use pizza sauce.
- Sun-dried tomatoes: I used sun-dried tomatoes packed in oil. You could also use dry sun-dried tomatoes. You could also use sautéed mushrooms or vegan pepperoni instead.
- Black olives: I used Kalamata olives. You could also use green olives or another variety.
- Vegan mozzarella: I like Daiya or Follow Yor Heart brands. Use your favorite.
- Vegan mayo: For cooking the grilled cheese. It adds a rich taste to the bread. I used Vegenaise vegan mayo. Use your favorite. You could also use vegan butter.
- Basil: I used fresh basil.
This is an overview of the ingredients. To see the full list of ingredients with measurements and instructions, see the recipe card at the bottom of this post.
5 Secrets to Vegan Cooking
Free 5 Part Email Series to Elevate Your Vegan Cooking
We respect your privacy. Unsubscribe at any time.
Step 1: Spread your favorite pizza or marinara sauce on bread.
Step 2: Layer vegan mozzarella, basil, black olives, and sun-dried tomatoes on top.
Step 3: Cook until golden brown.
- To help melt the vegan cheese, place a heat-proof metal bowl or a frying pan lid over the top of the sandwich creating a dome. This works best when the lid is smaller than the pan and just covers the sandwich.
- You could also place an open-faced sandwich under the broiler for a few minutes. Some vegan cheeses melt better than others, so it all depends on which you use. You can see from my photos that my cheese could have been melted longer.
👩🏻🍳 Recipe FAQs
You can make your own vegan cheese or use store-bought vegan cheese. For this vegan pizza grilled cheese, I used store-bought vegan mozzarella.
Depending on the brand, some vegan cheeses melt better than others. You can use a dome lid over the grilled cheese to help it melt better or put it under the broiler.
Vegan Grilled Cheese Sandwiches
If you tried this Vegan Pizza Grilled Cheese Recipe or any other recipe on my website, please leave a ⭐️ star rating and let me know how you like it in the 💬 comments below. I love hearing from you!
Vegan Pizza Grilled Cheese
- Spread marinara sauce on a slice of bread. Top with vegan mozzarella, sun-dried tomatoes, olives, and basil on bread.
- Spread ½ the vegan mayo on the outside of one of the slices of bread. Place the mayo side down on a skillet. While the sandwich is cooking spread the other ½ of mayo on the slice of bread facing you. Cook until golden brown on both sides.
- Serve with more marinara or pizza sauce.
*Note: Nutrition information should be considered an estimate only. Different nutrition calculators give you different results.