This easy Smoky Vegan Cheese Ball is sliceable, but softens to a creamy texture when you let it sit out.
This vegan cheese ball has the perfect amount of smokiness. It has a little bit of heat from green chiles.
It slices nicely for crackers, and is soft and creamy when left out.This easy Smoky Vegan Cheese Ball is sliceable, but softens to a creamy texture when you let it sit out. Click To Tweet
Other Vegan Cheese Recipes
- Tofu Ricotta
- Super Creamy Vegan Mac and Cheese
- Tofu Feta
- Sun-Dried Tomato and Basil Vegan Cheese Ball
How to make This Recipe
- Soak cashews for a few hours to overnight to soften them. Drain water and place in a food processor.
- Add the rest of ingredients, except the chopped pistachios. Mix until smooth and creamy.
- Place in plastic wrap and form a ball.
- Refrigerate a few hours to overnight. Roll in chopped pistachios.
How Long Will This Last?
Stored in an air tight container in the fridge, this will keep for about a week.
Can I Freeze It?
While I did not actually freeze this, you should be able to freeze this for up to 2 months. Thaw when ready to use. Keep in mind it may change the texture.
Does This Taste Like Cheese?
I have been vegan for 21 years, so It's been quite a long time since I have had cheese!
To be honest, no vegan cheese is going to taste exactly like cheese, but this has a nice smoky flavor. You might compare it to a smoked Gouda.
It also has a nice creamy texture, similar to cream cheese. It slices when taken out of the fridge, and softens when left out.
Can I Make This Recipe Ahead of Time?
That's exactly what I did. In fact, I made this in stages.
First, I soaked the cashews. Then, a day or two later I made the cheese ball. You could do all the steps ahead of time as well.
Since it's so filling, I ate this over a course of a week.
This vegan cheese ball is perfect for a party!
*Don't forget to come back and leave your feedback and star rating.
Affiliate links below. We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
You May Need:
Smoky Vegan Cheese Ball
- Soak cashews for a few hours to overnight to soften them. Drain water.
- In a food processor, combine all the ingredients except the pistachios. Mix until smooth and creamy. Place in a plastic wrap and form a ball. Refrigerate for a few hours to overnight.
- Peel off plastic wrap and roll in chopped pistachios. Refrigerate.
*Note: Nutrition information should be considered an estimate only. Different nutrition calculators give you different results.