This creamy Vegan Dill Dip is healthy and flavorful. Use it as a vegetable dip or sandwich spread to add flavor.
I try to eat a balance of indulgent and healthy foods, including a lot of raw foods. This Vegan Dill Dip is one of the healthier recipes I like to make.
Made with raw cashews, cucumber, fresh dill, lemon juice, tamari, garlic, and salt and pepper, it is simple and easy.
It is perfect for an afternoon snack or an appetizer. Serve this vegan veggie dip with some raw vegetables or spread it on a sandwich.
Other recipes using raw cashews are my Cashew Mayo and my Vegan Cream Cheese. And if you like dill pickles, try my Dill Pickle Hummus.
This is an overview of the ingredients. To see the full list of ingredients with measurements and instructions, see the recipe card at the bottom of this post.
- Raw cashews: Raw cashews need to be used for this dip. Roasted cashews will not work.
- Dill: I used fresh dill for this recipe. You could use dried dill weed, but I haven't tried it in this so I cannot speak to the taste. If you do decide to use dried dill, you'll need much less, like 4 teaspoons.
- English cucumber: I used an English cucumber because it is less bitter than other varities.
- Tamari: I used low sodium gluten-free tamari because I like to control the amount of salt. Soy sauce would also work.
- Lemon juice: Adds a sour flavor and balances out the flavors.
- Garlic: Adds a pungent flavor.
- Salt & pepper: Enhances flavors and adds flavor.
5 Secrets to Vegan Cooking
Free 5 Part Email Series to Elevate Your Vegan Cooking
We respect your privacy. Unsubscribe at any time.
Chop the cucumber and strain the excess water in a clean towel or cheesecloth.
Soak raw cashews in hot water for 15 minutes, or room temperature water for 4 hours or so. Drain water.
Mix the raw cashews, cucumber, dill, lemon juice, tamari, garlic, and salt and pepper in a food processor until smooth and creamy.
This vegan dill dip recipe will last 4-5 days in an airtight container in the fridge.
- Potato chips
- Veggies: carrots, celery sticks, sliced red bell pepper, broccoli
- Vegan tea sandwiches
Other Dip Recipes
This creamy dill dip has summer written all over it!
I originally posted this recipe Aug. 25, 2015. I added new photos and text when I republished it.
*Don't forget to come back and leave your feedback and star rating.
Affiliate links below. We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
Vegan Dill Dip
- Cheesecloth or clean kitchen towel
- 1 cup raw cashews
- 1 ½ cup chopped and peeled English cucumber
- ¼ cup fresh dill
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon low sodium gluten free tamari
- 1 small clove garlic minced
- Salt and pepper
- Soak cashews in hot water for 15 minutes or 4 hours in room temperature water. Drain water.
- Place chopped cucumber in a cheesecloth or clean kitchen towel and squeeze out as much liquid as you can. It will measure about 1 cup after squeezing out the excess liquid.
- Put cucumber along with the rest of ingredients in a food processor and blend until smooth and creamy.
*Note: Nutrition information should be considered an estimate only. Different nutrition calculators give you different results.,
Carrie A Whipp says
Drain the cashews before step that says "Blend all ingredients" or you will have a soupy ruined dip and be out a lot of money for all the other ingredients!
Willow Moon says
Thanks Carrie for catching that!
Chelsea Pearl says
Love that this incorporates raw and whole ingredients! This looks like a really versatile and yummy dip.
Willow Moon says
Thank you! I love to use raw and whole ingredients as much as I can. (Although I do love vegan cheeses!)
This sounds awesome! Love the idea of using the cashews!
Willow Moon says
Thank you! The cashews add a rich, sweet taste to dips and sauces.