This Homemade Vegan Cream Cheese is thick and creamy. It has a nice tangy flavor, making it perfect for a bagel or crackers. Made in about 20 minutes.
This Homemade Vegan Cream Cheese is made with whole food plant-based ingredients, making it much healthier than store-bought which contain gums and preservatives.
It has a rich, cheesy, tangy flavor. It has a thick creamy texture that is spreadable. Made with coconut oil, it thickens in the refrigerator.
It does not taste exactly like dairy cream cheese or even store-bought vegan cream cheese, but it tastes really good! I ate it up in a few days.
If you love cashew cream cheese, I have a No-Bake Vegan Cheesecake that is sweet, rich, and creamy. It does not use this recipe, but a sweeter cashew cream cheese recipe.
- Raw cashews: Only raw cashews will work for this recipe. They take on the flavors you mix with them. Another recipe with cashews is my cucumber cashew dip
- Vegan yogurt: I used unsweetened plain vegan coconut yogurt. Sweetened vegan yogurt will not work in this recipe.
- Lemon juice: Adds a tangy flavor.
- Apple cider vinegar: Adds a tart tangy flavor.
- Nutritional yeast: Adds a cheesy flavor. You could leave it out, but it will change the flavor quite a bit.
- Coconut oil: Makes it thicker. Helps the vegan cream cheese solidify.
- Salt: Enhances flavors.
To see the full list of ingredients with measurements and instructions, see the recipe card at the bottom of this post.
📖 Variations / Additions
- Chives, dill, parsley, or other fresh herbs
- Dried herbs: dried dill, parsley
- Green onions
- Onion powder
- Roasted garlic or garlic powder
- Everything bagel seasoning
- Vegetables like in my Vegan Vegetable Cream Cheese
- Maple syrup and walnuts
- Sun-dried tomatoes
5 Secrets to Vegan Cooking
Free 5 Part Email Series to Elevate Your Vegan Cooking
We respect your privacy. Unsubscribe at any time.
- I used solidified coconut oil because I made this recipe during the winter. You could also use melted coconut oil.
- Make sure to blend the mixture long enough. The longer you blend it, the creamier it will be.
- For a thicker cream cheese, place it in the fridge before serving. You can also stick it in the freezer for an hour before serving.
👩🏻🍳 Recipe FAQs
This vegan cream cheese recipe is made with raw cashews, nutritional yeast, lemon juice, apple cider vinegar, vegan yogurt, coconut oil, and salt.
It tastes rich, cheesy, and tangy.
Yes, this cashew cream cheese recipe is healthy because it is made with whole-food plant-based ingredients.
If you tried this Homemade Vegan Cream Cheese Recipe or any other recipe on my website, please leave a ⭐️ star rating and let me know how you like it in the 💬 comments below. I love hearing from you!
Homemade Vegan Cream Cheese
- food processor or high speed blender
- Soak cashews in hot water for 15 minutes or 4 hours in room temperature water. Drain water.
- In a food processor or high speed blender mix cashews with the rest of ingredients until smooth and creamy.
*Note: Nutrition information should be considered an estimate only. Different nutrition calculators give you different results.