This Cashew Mayo is thick, rich, and creamy. Spread it on a sandwich or use it as a dip. Made with whole foods, it is a healthy choice.
This Cashew Mayo can be used anywhere you use store-bought mayo. It has the same tangy flavor and thick creamy texture that store-bought vegan mayo has.
It's made with plant-based whole foods, so you can feel good about eating it. It's made in less than 30 minutes including soaking the cashews.
Use it on all your favorite sandwiches or use it as a dipping sauce for French fries or onion rings. You could even add sriracha sauce to make Sriracha Mayo.
- Raw cashews: Only raw cashews will work; roasted cashews won't work. You could also use raw macadamia nuts.
- Olive oil: Adds a rich creamy mouthfeel and flavor.
- Lemon juice: Adds a sour flavor.
- Apple cider vinegar: Adds a sour vinegar flavor.
- Mustard powder: Adds a spicy sharp flavor. You could also use Dijon mustard, but you'll need more than listed.
- Garlic powder: Adds a concentrated garlic flavor.
- Maple syrup: Adds sweetness. You could also use dates or agave syrup.
- Salt: Enhances flavors.
This is an overview of the ingredients. To see the full list of ingredients with measurements and instructions, see the recipe card at the bottom of this post.
5 Secrets to Vegan Cooking
Free 5 Part Email Series to Elevate Your Vegan Cooking
We respect your privacy. Unsubscribe at any time.
Step 1: Soak cashews in hot water for 15 minutes or 4 hours at room temperature. Drain water.
Step 2: Place cashews along with the rest of the ingredients in a high speed blender. Blend until smooth and creamy.
Transfer to a mason jar.
- Soaking the raw cashews will help them break down and become smooth and creamy in the blender.
- Taste as you. You may want more seasoning or sweetener than I've listed. I like a strong vinegar flavor and bite from the mustard powder, but you may not. I made this recipe several times and each time I always ended up adding apple cider vinegar and dry mustard powder to the amount shown.
- Using a high-speed blender will help create a thick, smooth creamy texture. You could also use a food processor, you just may need to blend it a little longer.
👩🏻🍳 Recipe FAQs
This vegan cashew mayo will last 1 week in an airtight container in the fridge.
I suggest storing it in a glass jar with a secure lid in the fridge. You could use any airtight container.
If you tried this Cashew Mayo Recipe or any other recipe on my website, please leave a ⭐️ star rating and let me know how you like it in the 💬 comments below. I love hearing from you!
- Soak cashews in hot water for 15 minutes or room temperature water for 4 hours. Drain water.
- Add cashews to a high speed blender along with the rest of ingredients. Blend until smooth and creamy.
*Note: Nutrition information should be considered an estimate only. Different nutrition calculators give you different results.