This Vegan Cashew Mayo is thick, rich, and creamy. Spread it on a sandwich or use it as a dip. Made with whole foods, it is a healthy choice.
This Creamy Vegan Cashew Mayo can be used anywhere you use regular mayo. It has the same tangy flavor and thick creamy texture that store-bought mayo has.
It's made with plant-based whole foods, so you can feel good about eating it. It's made in less than 30 minutes including soaking the cashews.
Use it in salad dressings, as a sandwich spread, or as a dipping sauce for French fries or onion rings. You could even add sriracha sauce to make Vegan Sriracha Mayo.
❤️ Why You'll Love It
- It is a simple and easy recipe with simple ingredients.
- It is creamy and tangy.
- It's made with whole foods.
- Raw cashews: Only raw cashew nuts will work; roasted cashews won't work. You could also use raw macadamia nuts.
- Olive oil: Adds a rich creamy mouthfeel and flavor.
- Lemon juice: Adds a sour flavor.
- Apple cider vinegar: Adds a sour vinegar flavor.
- Mustard powder: Adds a spicy sharp flavor. You could also use Dijon mustard, but you'll need more than listed.
- Garlic powder: Adds a concentrated garlic flavor. You could also use fresh garlic.
- Maple syrup: Adds sweetness. You could also use dates or agave syrup.
- Salt: Enhances flavors. I like to use sea salt.
To see the full list of ingredients with measurements and instructions, see the recipe card at the bottom of this post.
5 Secrets to Vegan Cooking
Free 5 Part Email Series to Elevate Your Vegan Cooking
We respect your privacy. Unsubscribe at any time.
Step 1: Soak cashews in hot water for 15 minutes for a quick soak method or 4 hours at room temperature. Drain water.
Step 2: Place the soaked cashews along with the rest of the ingredients in a high speed blender. Blend until smooth and creamy.
Transfer to a mason jar.
- Soaking the raw cashews will help them break down and become smooth and creamy in the blender.
- Taste as you. You may want more seasoning or sweetener than I've listed. I like a strong vinegar flavor and bite from the mustard powder, but you may not. I made this homemade vegan mayo recipe several times and each time I always ended up adding apple cider vinegar and dry mustard powder to the amount shown.
- Using a high-speed blender will help create a thick, smooth creamy texture. You could also use a regular blender or food processor, you just may need to blend it a little longer.
👩🏻🍳 Recipe FAQs
This vegan cashew mayo recipe will last 1 week in an airtight container in the fridge.
I suggest storing it in a glass jar with a secure lid in the fridge. You could use any airtight container.
If you tried this Cashew Mayo Recipe or any other recipe on my website, please leave a ⭐️ star rating and let me know how you like it in the 💬 comments below. I love hearing from you!
- Soak cashews in hot water for 15 minutes or room temperature water for 4 hours. Drain water.
- Add cashews to a high speed blender along with the rest of ingredients. Blend until smooth and creamy.
*Note: Nutrition information should be considered an estimate only. Different nutrition calculators give you different results.