This rich Sweet Potato Soup with Toasted Pecans is Thanksgiving in a bowl! It is an easy weeknight meal.
Here, I have for you comfort food in a bowl. This Sweet Potato Soup with Toasted Pecans is a warm blanket on a cold night; a warm fuzzy when you least expect it; a kitten curling up beside you.
Okay, yes it is September, and I have made a soup recipe. (I actually have been waiting to post this recipe since August.)
This is a recipe reminiscent of Thanksgiving. I am weird, alright. Yes, I make and eat soup in the summer, just like I wear black all year round.
I live in Arizona and get teased about that. Do I give a @$*#? Absolutely not. When I am craving soup, no one can stop me.
This soup is really pretty simple and easy to make. You can peel and chop, right? Check.
You can cook onions until translucent right? Check. You can cook sweet potato, apple, and veggie broth while a timer times the whole cooking process right? Check.
Last, but not least, you can blend ingredients in a blender or food processor, right? Check.
Oops, I almost forgot, you can toast pecans, right? Not sure? No worries, it is one of the easiest steps in this recipe.
There you have it - you just made warm fuzzy - kitten cuddling - warm blanket - comfort food soup! It is satisfying to know that you can make such a warm embracing meal, isn't it?
Even though we are still in the hotter part of the year - you will love this soup. Anytime. I swear.
Other Vegan Soup Recipes
- Creamy Corn Soup with Jalapeño
- Thai Curry Butternut Squash Soup
- Sweet Potato Soup with Toasted Pecans
- Creamy Tomato Soup with Balsamic Vinegar
This vegan sweet potato soup is comfort food in a bowl. You'll want to curl up with this rich soup!
*Don't forget to come back and leave your feedback and star rating.
Sweet Potato Soup with Toasted Pecans
- high speed blender or food processor
- Heat olive oil in a pan. Add chopped onion and cook until translucent.
- Add chopped apple, sweet potato, vegetable broth, allspice, nutmeg, salt, and pepper to the onions. Cook for about 20 minutes, or until tender.
- Toast pecans in skillet for 8-10 minutes, or until fragrant. Set aside some of the pecans for garnish, if desired.
- Blend pecans and sweet potato broth mixture in a blender or food processor until smooth. Serve with toasted pecans on top.
*Note: Nutrition information should be considered an estimate only. Different nutrition calculators give you different results.