These easy Vegan Chocolate Chip Pancakes are an American classic the whole family will love! They are so good they don't even need maple syrup!
If you are like me and love to sneak chocolate into anything and everything, this recipe is for you! Since it's made with pantry staples, you can have it anytime.
Mix gluten free all purpose flour, almond flour, baking powder, ground flax seeds (flax meal), and salt. Add almond milk, maple syrup, vanilla extract, and almond extract. Whisk until all the lumps are gone.
Fold chocolate chips into batter. Heat skillet over medium heat. With a tablespoon, spoon 3 tablespoonfuls of batter onto skillet for each pancake. Cook until bubbles form, then flip and cook the other side.
- If you're using a nonstick pan, you won't need much coconut oil or vegan butter, if any. I like to include some for flavor, but it's not necessary.
- You may want less chocolate chips than I have included.
- The same goes for the maple syrup in the batter. You may want to taste the batter before making the pancakes, but keep in mind that uncooked gluten free all purpose flour tastes very different than cooked.
- Serve pancakes with your favorite berries to add a tart flavor and balance out the sweetness of the pancakes. Maple syrup is optional - the pancakes taste good without it!
*Don't forget to come back and leave your feedback and star rating.
Affiliate links below. We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
You May Need
Vegan Chocolate Chip Pancakes
- 1 cup gluten free all purpose flour
- ½ cup almond flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 tablespoon flax meal (ground flax seeds)
- Pinch salt
- 1 cup unsweetened almond milk
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ½ teaspoon almond extract
- ¾ cup chocolate chips
- Coconut oil or vegan butter - I used Earth Balance
- Additional chocolate chips
- Maple syrup
- Slivered almonds
- Sliced banana
- Mix gluten free all purpose flour, almond flour, baking powder, flax meal, and salt.
- Add almond milk, maple syrup, vanilla extract, and almond extract. Whisk until all the lumps are gone.
- Fold in chocolate chips.
- Heat a pan over medium heat. Lightly oil the pan, if needed.
- With a tablespoon, spoon 3 tablespoonfuls for each pancake. Cook until bubbles form, then flip and cook the other side.
*Note: Nutrition information should be considered an estimate only. Different nutrition calculators give you different results.
I need to try that on mothers day. thank you so much for sharing it =)
tina from wimpernverlängerung salzburg
No matter what type of day I have encountered I can always remember the sound of a stream and the birds singing in the trees. This time I enjoyed it with vegan chocolate chip pancakes!!
I am Blessed 🥰🥰 Thanx Willow!
Willow Moon says