These fun green Christmas Tree Pancakes are perfect for a Christmas breakfast or a holiday party. Kids will love them!
These Christmas Tree Pancakes are a show stopper for Christmas breakfast or brunch.
They are colored green naturally (without food coloring) to look like a pine tree and sprinkled with pomegranate seeds or goji berries to add a splash of color.
Top with a raspberry or starfruit to make the look complete. Serve them with some Tofu Bacon for a more complete meal.
You might also like my Vegan Gingerbread French Toast recipe.
🍏 How to Dye Food Green Naturally
I used spirulina to make these vegan pancakes green. Don't let the green color turn you off, you can't even taste the spirulina. If you're not a fan of spirulina, you can use matcha green tea powder instead.
Just keep in mind that the pancakes will be yellowish-green instead of bluish-green. Either way, the pancakes taste great. They're flavored with banana, which is actually the star of the show flavor-wise.
See my Banana Pancakes with Matcha to check out their color.
- Gluten-free all-purpose flour: I used Bob's Red Mill all-purpose gluten-free flour. Use your favorite.
- Baking powder: Makes the pancakes light and fluffy.
- Chia seeds: Binds the pancakes together.
- Salt: Enhances flavors and adds flavor.
- Spirulina: Gives the pancakes a pretty green color naturally. You could also use matcha green tea, but the pancakes will turn yellowish green.
- Unsweetened almond milk: I used almond milk but you could also use oat milk, cashew milk, soy milk, or another non-dairy milk.
- Maple syrup: Adds a sweet maple flavor. You could also use agave syrup, date paste or your favorite sweetener.
- Vanilla extract: Enhances flavors and adds flavor.
- Banana: Binds the pancakes and adds flavor. Use ripe bananas.
- Coconut oil or spray: To cook the pancakes. You could also use vegan butter.
- Pomegranate seeds or goji berries: To use as ornaments or garland.
- Raspberry or starfruit: To put on top of the Christmas tree pancakes.
5 Secrets to Transforming Tofu
FREE 5 part email series to help you cook tofu like a pro.
We respect your privacy. Unsubscribe at any time.
- In a bowl mix dry ingredients.
- Add wet ingredients and mix well until there are no clumps.
- Heat the griddle or frying pan on medium heat. Melt coconut oil or vegan butter in a skillet.
- Ladle batter onto skillet to make a pancake. Make each pancake smaller than the one before it.
- Cook until bubbles form, flip with a spatula, and cook the other side.
- Stack the pancakes to form a Christmas tree.
- Add pomegranate seeds or goji berries to add color (for the ornaments or garland). Top with a raspberry or starfruit for the tree topper.
🎄 Other Vegan Christmas Recipes
- Spicy 4 Ingredient Peanut Butter Cookies
- Gingerbread Coffee Creamer
- Melt-In-Your-Mouth Mexican Chocolate Truffles
- Fudgy No-Bake Brownies
- Vegan Nog Chia Pudding
- Start with either the smallest pancake or the largest, keeping the finished pancakes near your stove so that you can compare them for the next-sized pancake.
- Using the previous pancake as a guide, spoon the batter on the pan slightly smaller (or larger if you started with the smallest size).
- Flip the pancakes when they form bubbles and are golden brown.
Impress your guests and family with these Christmas Tree Pancakes. They are a fun festive breakfast for Christmas!
*Don't forget to come back and leave your feedback and star rating.
Christmas Tree Pancakes
- 1 ½ cups all purpose gluten free flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 tablespoon ground chia seeds
- Pinch salt
- 1 tablespoon spirulina*
- 1 cup unsweetened almond milk
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 banana
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil or cooking spray
- Pomegranate seeds or goji berries (optional)
- 1 raspberry or starfruit (optional)
- Mix dry ingredients. Add wet ingredients and mix until there are no clumps.
- Heat a nonstick pan or cast iron skillet on medium heat. Add coconut oil or cooking spray. Spoon batter onto pan, starting with a large circle for the tree base. Each pancake will get smaller and smaller to make the tree.
- Heat pancakes until bubbles form, then flip. Cook until slightly browned on both sides.
- Stack pancakes in the shape of a tree. Add pomegranate seeds or goji berries, if desired, in between each pancake. Top with a raspberry or starfruit on the top pancake. Serve with maple syrup.
*Note: Nutrition information should be considered an estimate only. Different nutrition calculators give you different results.