These fun green Christmas Tree Pancakes are perfect for a Christmas breakfast or a holiday party. Kids will love them!
These Christmas Tree Pancakes are a show stopper for Christmas breakfast or brunch. They are colored green naturally (without food coloring) to look like a pine tree and sprinkled with pomegranate seeds or goji berries to add a splash of color.
Top with a raspberry or starfruit to make the look complete.
How to Make Pancakes Green Without Food Coloring
I used spirulina to make these vegan pancakes green. Don’t let the green color turn you off, you can’t even taste the spirulina. If you’re not a fan of spirulina, you can use matcha green tea powder instead.
Just keep in mind that the pancakes will be yellowish-green instead of bluish-green. Either way, the pancakes taste great. They’re flavored with banana, which is actually the star of the show flavor-wise.
See my Matcha Banana Pancakes to check out their color.These fun green Christmas Tree Pancakes are perfect for a Christmas breakfast or a holiday party. Kids will love them! Click To Tweet
Other Vegan Christmas Recipes You Might Like
- Spicy 4 Ingredient Peanut Butter Cookies
- Gingerbread Coffee Creamer
- Melt-In-Your-Mouth Mexican Chocolate Truffles
- Fudgy No-Bake Brownies
- Vegan Nog Chia Pudding
Tips for Making Christmas Tree Pancakes
- Start with either the smallest pancake or the largest, keeping the finished pancakes near your stove so that you can compare them for the next sized pancake.
- Using the previous pancake as a guide, spoon the batter on the pan slightly smaller (or larger if you started with the smallest size).
- Flip the pancakes when they form bubbles and are golden brown.
Christmas Tree Pancakes
Impress your guests and family with these Christmas Tree Pancakes. They are a fun festive breakfast for Christmas!
*Don’t forget to come back and leave your feedback and star rating.
Affiliate links below. We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
Here’s the spirulina I used to make the pancakes green.
Christmas Tree Pancakes
- 1 1/2 cups all purpose gluten free flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 tablespoon ground chia seeds
- Pinch salt
- 1 tablespoon spirulina*
- 1 cup unsweetened almond milk
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 banana
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil or cooking spray
- Pomegranate seeds or goji berries (optional)
- 1 raspberry or starfruit (optional)
- Mix dry ingredients. Add wet ingredients and mix until there are no clumps.
- Heat a nonstick pan or cast iron skillet on medium heat. Add coconut oil or cooking spray. Spoon batter onto pan, starting with a large circle for the tree base. Each pancake will get smaller and smaller to make the tree.
- Heat pancakes until bubbles form, then flip. Cook until slightly browned on both sides.
- Stack pancakes in the shape of a tree. Add pomegranate seeds or goji berries, if desired, in between each pancake. Top with a raspberry or starfruit on the top pancake. Serve with maple syrup.
*Note: Nutrition information should be considered an estimate only. Different nutrition calculators give you different results.