This Vegan Gluten Free Graham Cracker Crust is made with brown sugar for a sweet rich flavor. It's so good you'll want to skip the filling!
This Vegan Gluten Free Graham Cracker Crust is a star in its own right. I made a pie with it and made sure to save some bites of the homemade crust for the end so that it would be the last thing I would taste.
Brown sugar adds a wonderful deep rich flavor. I haven't tried this recipe with white sugar yet because the brown sugar tastes so good that I'd hate to risk wasting the graham crackers on anything subpar.
This homemade vegan graham cracker crust tastes great with a Vegan S'mores Pie as well. I think you'll like it better than a store-bought crust.
❤️ Why You'll Love It
- It is delicious in its own right. Add your favorite vegan pie fillings to make it even better!
- It has a lot more flavor than a store-bought graham cracker crust and it is an easy recipe.
- It's made in about 15 minutes with simple ingredients.
What Graham Crackers Are Vegan and Gluten Free?
For this homemade vegan graham cracker crust, I used Kinnikinnick S'moreables Graham Style Crackers. The only other brand that I've tried that makes vegan gluten-free graham crackers is Nairn's Oat Grahams.
They can be found at natural grocery stores and on Amazon. I bought both at my local Sprout's.
I haven't used the Nairn's yet to make a crust, but I have tasted them and they are delicious by themselves. You could also use a homemade graham cracker recipe, which I haven't tried to make yet.
If you know of other graham cracker brands that make vegan gluten-free graham crackers, I'd love to hear about them.
- Graham crackers: I used vegan gluten-free graham-style crackers. You could use homemade graham crackers or your favorite graham crackers.
- Vegan butter: Binds the crust. You could also use coconut oil or vegetable shortening.
- Brown sugar: Adds sweetness. You could also use white sugar.
To see the full list of ingredients with measurements and instructions, see the recipe card at the bottom of this post.
📖 Variations / Additions
- Cacao powder (or cocoa powder) for a chocolate crust
- Cinnamon, ginger, nutmeg, cardamom, cloves
- Lemon zest, lime zest, or orange zest
- Vanilla bean
- White sugar or coconut sugar
- Coconut oil
- Chocolate graham crackers or cinnamon graham crackers
5 Secrets to Vegan Cooking
Free 5 Part Email Series to Elevate Your Vegan Cooking
We respect your privacy. Unsubscribe at any time.
Step 1: Mix graham crackers in a food processor until crumbled and you have a sandy texture.
Step 2: Pour the melted vegan butter and brown sugar into the food processor. Mix until well combined.
Step 3: Place the mixture in a 9-inch pie pan, cake pan, or springform pan. Press mixture with a a glass or measuring cup to tighten it up.
Step 4: Bake in the oven for 8-9 minutes. Let cool to room temperature before filling.
❄️ Can I Freeze It?
You can freeze the baked crust for up to 3 months. Wrap in plastic wrap and place in an airtight container. Thaw before filling.
- If you don't have a food processor, you can place the graham crackers in a plastic bag and use a rolling pin. Crush the crackers until they are finely crushed, then mix with sugar and vegan butter in a medium bowl.
- Make sure the graham cracker crumbs are small enough! They should resemble sand. This ensures your crust will stick together.
- If you are using a no-bake pie, chill the crust for 1-2 hours before filling it.
- When forming the crust don't press down too hard, or you'll have problems removing the crust from the pan.
👩🏻🍳 Recipe FAQs
You could use any vegan gluten-free cookies or sweet crackers you like. You could also use ice cream cones, cereal, or pretzels. You may need more or less brown sugar and vegan butter depending on the ingredients of the cookies or crackers and the consistency after mixing.
I prefer this crust baked because it will stay together better and won't crumble. You could also chill it or freeze it.
In addition to vegan butter, using brown sugar helps bind the crust together. It adds a deep rich flavor. For this recipe, I only used 2 tablespoons of brown sugar.
If you tried this Vegan Gluten Free Graham Cracker Crust Recipe or any other recipe on my website, please leave a ⭐️ star rating and let me know how you like it in the 💬 comments below. I love hearing from you!
Vegan Gluten Free Graham Cracker Crust
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Place graham crackers in a food processor. Mix until they are ground. They should resemble sand.
- Place the rest of the ingredients in the food processor. Mix until well combined.
- Press mixture into a 9" pie pan.
- Use a clean glass or measuring cup to pack down the bottom of the crust. Use your fingers to pack down crumbs on the sides of the pan.
- Bake at 350°F for 8-9 minutes.
*Note: Nutrition information should be considered an estimate only. Different nutrition calculators give you different results.