These Vegan S'mores Brownies are sweet and rich. Aside from toasting the vegan marshmallows, they are a no-bake treat.
These Vegan S'mores Brownies are a great way to get your s'mores fix without a campfire. They are a no-bake treat except for toasting the vegan marshmallows on top.
Eat them by themselves or with a tall glass of Homemade Cashew Milk.
And if you want a fun s'mores recipe made on the stovetop, try a S'mores Quesadilla, made with vegan ingredients.
What Are S'mores Made Of?
S'mores are made with a chocolate candy bar and marshmallows sandwiched between two graham crackers.
These Vegan S'mores Brownies are made with a no-bake vegan gluten-free graham cracker crust, no-bake vegan brownies, vegan marshmallows, and vegan chocolate chips.
Are Marshmallows Vegan?
Most marshmallows are not vegan because they contain gelatin. Thanks to companies like Dandies, who make vegan marshmallows, vegans can enjoy them too.
Where Can I Find Vegan Marshmallows?
Whole Foods carries Dandies vegan marshmallows. They can be also be found at many natural grocery stores and on Amazon.
Trader Joe's also has vegan marshmallows. I've never tried them myself. I read somewhere that they are a seasonal item.
What Graham Crackers Are Vegan and Gluten Free?
Both are delicious. They can be found at natural grocery stores and on Amazon. I bought both brands at my local Sprout's.
- Graham crackers: I used vegan gluten-free graham crackers because I am gluten intolerant. Use your favorite graham crackers.
- Dates: To bind the crust. Adds sweetness. I used Medjool dates. You can use any variety.
- Cacao powder: Adds chocolate flavor. You could also use cocoa powder.
- Dates: To bind the brownies. Adds sweetness. I used Medjool dates. You can use any variety.
- Vanilla extract: Enhances flavors.
- Salt: Enhances sweetness.
- Chocolate chips: You could also use dark chocolate baking chunks.
- Graham crackers: I used vegan gluten-free graham crackers. Use your favorite graham crackers.
- Vegan mini marshmallows: You could also use large vegan marshmallows that you chop in half.
This is an overview of the ingredients. To see the full list of ingredients with measurements and instructions, see the recipe card at the bottom of this post.
5 Secrets to Vegan Cooking
Free 5 Part Email Series to Elevate Your Vegan Cooking
We respect your privacy. Unsubscribe at any time.
- Crust: Soak dates in hot water to soften them. Soak the dates for the brownie layer at this time as well. Drain. Set aside 1 ½ cup dates for brownie layer.
- Add graham crackers to food processor and mix until they are ground.
- Add dates and process until a ball forms.
- Spread in a 7 ½" x 9 ½" baking dish (or similar size).
- Brownie layer: add graham crackers to food processor and mix until they are ground. Measure to make sure you have 1 cup.
- Add cacao powder, dates, vanilla extract, water, and salt. Mix until a ball forms.
- Spread on top of crust layer.
- Sprinkle chocolate chips on top.
- Crush and sprinkle graham crackers on top.
- Sprinkle vegan mini marshmallows on top.
- Preheat oven broiler for 5 minutes on low.
- Broil 1 minute and check to see if the marshmallows are golden brown. Broil 1-2 minutes more until you get the desired golden brown color.
📖 Variations / Additions
- Almond flour or oat flour in place of the graham crackers in the brownie layer
- Dark chocolate chunks
- Coconut flakes
- Cacao powder in the crust
Vegan S'mores Brownies
- Soak the dates for the crust and brownie layer in hot water to soften them if needed. Drain. (Set aside 1 ½ cup dates for brownie layer.)
- Mix dates with graham crackers in a food processor. It will form a ball.
- Press crust mixture into a 7 ½" x 9 ½" baking dish (or similar size).
- Mix graham crackers (about ⅔ package) in a food processor until ground. Measure to make sure you have 1 cup.
- Mix ground graham crackers with cacao powder, dates, water, vanilla extract, and salt in a food processor until it comes together and forms a ball.
- Spread brownie layer on top of crust, pushing down to make it even.
- Sprinkle chocolate chips on top of brownie layer.
- Crumble ¼ cup graham crackers on top.
- Sprinkle vegan mini marshmallows on top of graham crackers.
- Preheat oven broiler about 5 minutes on low.
- Place brownies in broiler (to toast the marshmallows). Broil for 1 minute and check on it. Broil another 1-2 minutes if needed. Place in the fridge.
*Note: Nutrition information should be considered an estimate only. Different nutrition calculators give you different results.