These Vegan S'mores Brownies are sweet and rich. Aside from toasting the vegan marshmallows, they are a no-bake treat.
These Vegan S'mores Brownies are a great way to get your s'mores fix without a campfire. They are a no-bake treat except for toasting the vegan marshmallows on top.
Another s'mores recipe that doesn't require a campfire is Vegan S'mores Pie. It is made with a Vegan Gluten Free Graham Cracker Crust that is good all by itself!
What Are S'mores Made Of?
S'mores are made with a chocolate candy bar and marshmallows sandwiched between two graham crackers.
These Vegan S'mores Brownies are made with a no-bake vegan gluten free graham cracker crust, no-bake vegan brownies, vegan marshmallows, and vegan chocolate chips.
Are Marshmallows Vegan?
Most marshmallows are not vegan because they contain gelatin. Thanks to companies like Dandies, who make vegan marshmallows, vegans can enjoy them too.
Where Can I Find Vegan Marshmallows?
Whole Foods carries Dandies vegan marshmallows. They can be also be found at many natural grocery stores and on Amazon.
Trader Joe's also has vegan marshmallows. I've never tried them myself. I read somewhere that they are a seasonal item.
What Graham Crackers Are Vegan and Gluten Free?
For this recipe I used Kinnikinnick S'moreables Graham Style Crackers. The only other brand that I've seen that makes vegan gluten free graham crackers is Nairn's Oat Grahams.
Both are delicious. They can be found at natural grocery stores and on Amazon. I bought both brands at my local Sprout's.
- Crust: Soak dates in hot water to soften them. Soak the dates for the brownie layer at this time as well. Drain. Set aside 1 ½ cup dates for brownie layer.
- Add graham crackers to food processor and mix until they are ground.
- Add dates and process until a ball forms.
- Spread in a 7 ½" x 9 ½" baking dish (or similar size).
- Brownie layer: add graham crackers to food processor and mix until they are ground. Measure to make sure you have 1 cup.
- Add cacao powder, dates, vanilla extract, water, and salt. Mix until a ball forms.
- Spread on top of crust layer.
- Sprinkle chocolate chips on top.
- Crush and sprinkle graham crackers on top.
- Sprinkle vegan mini marshmallows on top.
- Preheat oven broiler for 5 minutes on low.
- Broil 1 minute and check to see if the marshmallows are golden brown. Broil 1-2 minutes more until you get the desired golden brown color.
Variations / Additions
- Almond flour or oat flour in place of the graham crackers in the brownie layer
- Dark chocolate chunks
- Coconut flakes
- Cacao powder in the crust
- Campfire Stuffed Bananas
- Chocolate Hazelnut Ice Cream
- Vegan S'mores Quesadilla
- Chocolate Covered Peanut Butter Stuffed Dates
*Don't forget to come back and leave your feedback and star rating.
Affiliate links below. We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
You May Need
Vegan S'mores Brownies
- 8 ounces vegan gluten free graham crackers (1 ½ cups ground)
- 1 cup dates
- 1 cup ground vegan gluten free graham crackers
- ¾ cup cacao powder
- 1 ½ cups dates
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons water
- Pinch salt
- ½ cup chocolate chips
- ¼ cup vegan gluten free graham crackers
- ¾ cup vegan mini marshmallows
- Soak the dates for the crust and brownie layer in hot water to soften them if needed. Drain. (Set aside 1 ½ cup dates for brownie layer.)
- Mix dates with graham crackers in a food processor. It will form a ball.
- Press crust mixture into a 7 ½" x 9 ½" baking dish (or similar size).
- Mix graham crackers (about ⅔ package) in a food processor until ground. Measure to make sure you have 1 cup.
- Mix ground graham crackers with cacao powder, dates, water, vanilla extract, and salt in a food processor until it comes together and forms a ball.
- Spread brownie layer on top of crust, pushing down to make it even.
- Sprinkle chocolate chips on top of brownie layer.
- Crumble ¼ cup graham crackers on top.
- Sprinkle vegan mini marshmallows on top of graham crackers.
- Preheat oven broiler about 5 minutes on low.
- Place brownies in broiler (to toast the marshmallows). Broil for 1 minute and check on it. Broil another 1-2 minutes if needed. Place in the fridge.
*Note: Nutrition information should be considered an estimate only. Different nutrition calculators give you different results.
Leave a Reply