These sweet Vegan Peanut Butter Cups have a rich and creamy center. Made with only 4 ingredients, they couldn't be any easier!
These Vegan Peanut Butter Cups are dangerously good. They are sweet, rich, and creamy.
I personally think they are better than store-bought, but I'm biased. Hopefully you'll love them as much as I do.These sweet Vegan Peanut Butter Cups have a rich and creamy center. Made with only 4 ingredients, they couldn't be any easier! Click To Tweet
How To Make This Recipe
Peanut Butter Filling
- In a small saucepan over medium heat, combine peanut butter, sweetened condensed coconut milk, and salt.
- Simmer until melted. Remove from heat and let cool.
- Pour into a plastic wrap lined container and place in the fridge to set.
- Roll a tablespoonful of peanut butter filling in your hands, flatten into a disc, then place on a parchment lined baking sheet.
- Melt the dark chocolate baking chunks (or chocolate chips) in a heatproof bowl over a small saucepan with a couple of inches of water. (Alternatively, you can melt at 30 second intervals in the microwave.)
- Add the coconut oil and mix well.
- Pour a tablespoonful of chocolate into each of the cupcake liners so that it goes up the sides.
- Place peanut butter filling in the chocolate filled cupcake liner. Continue with the rest of the filling, wetting your hands in between to prevent sticking.
- Pour a tablespoonful of chocolate over each peanut butter cup.
- Place in the fridge to set.
How To Store
You can store these in the fridge or freezer. I do not recommend leaving them out on the counter in a container. They'll last longer in the fridge and won't melt.
- I used all natural peanut butter for this. You can use whichever peanut butter you normally use.
- Make the peanut butter center first so that it can firm up in the fridge.
- Pour peanut filling into a plastic wrap lined container for easier cleanup.
- The peanut butter filling will stick to your hands when rolling it. Just wet your hands to prevent sticking.
- If you have extra filling, just divide up the extra and add it to the ones you've already filled. You can also freeze the extra into Peanut Butter Fudge.
How Long Do These Last?
These peanut butter cups will last about a week in an airtight container in the fridge and several months in the freezer.
- No-Bake Chocolate Peanut Butter Bars
- Vegan Peanut Butter Swirl Brownies
- Chocolate Peanut Butter Chia Pudding
- Banana, Chocolate and Peanut Butter Dessert Pizza
- Almond butter to make Creamy Almond Butter Cups
- Sunflower butter
- Cashew butter
- Homemade sweetened condensed coconut milk
- Maple syrup or other sweetener (amounts will be different than recipe because sweetened condensed coconut milk is thicker)
*Don't forget to come back and leave your feedback and star rating.
Affiliate links below. We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
You May Need:
Vegan Peanut Butter Cups
Peanut Butter Filling
- ½ cup peanut butter
- ½ cup sweetened condensed coconut milk (½ of an 11.25 oz can)
- Pinch salt
- 2 cups dark chocolate baking chunks or chocolate chips
- 2 teaspoons coconut oil
Peanut Butter Filling
- Pour sweetened condensed coconut milk, peanut butter, and salt into a saucepan over medium heat. Stir well to combine. Stirring constantly, bring to a simmer. Remove from heat. Let cool.
- Pour into a plastic wrap lined 6x6" baking dish (or similar size). Place in the fridge to set.
- Take the peanut butter filling and roll a heaping tablespoonful in your hands, then flatten into a disc. Place on a parchment lined baking sheet. Repeat with the rest of the filling.
- Place a heat proof bowl over a saucepan filled with water (or use a double boiler). Pour the dark chocolate baking chunks in the bowl over medium heat.
- Stirring constantly, heat chocolate mixture until smooth and melted. Add coconut oil and turn off heat.
- Place 12 cupcake liners in a muffin pan or on a sheet pan. With a tablespoon sized spoon, spread a tablespoonful of melted chocolate into each cupcake liner, spreading chocolate up the sides of the cupcake liner.
- Place peanut butter disc into chocolate filled cupcake liner. Repeat with the rest of the peanut butter filling.
- Pour a heaping tablespoonful of chocolate over each peanut butter filled chocolate cup. Let set in the fridge.
*Note: Nutrition information should be considered an estimate only. Different nutrition calculators give you different results.