These sweet Vegan Peanut Butter Cups have a rich and creamy center. Made with only 4 ingredients, they couldn't be any easier!
These Vegan Peanut Butter Cups are dangerously good. They are sweet, rich, and creamy.
I personally think they are better than store-bought, but I'm biased. Hopefully you'll love them as much as I do.
They make a great homemade gift.
Peanut Butter Filling
- In a small saucepan over medium heat, combine peanut butter, sweetened condensed coconut milk, and salt.
- Simmer until melted. Remove from heat and let cool.
- Pour into a plastic wrap lined container and place in the fridge to set.
- Roll a tablespoonful of peanut butter filling in your hands, flatten into a disc, then place on a parchment lined baking sheet.
- Melt the dark chocolate baking chunks (or chocolate chips) in a heatproof bowl over a small saucepan with a couple of inches of water. (Alternatively, you can melt at 30 second intervals in the microwave.)
- Add the coconut oil and mix well.
- Pour a tablespoonful of chocolate into each of the cupcake liners so that it goes up the sides.
- Place peanut butter filling in the chocolate filled cupcake liner. Continue with the rest of the filling, wetting your hands in between to prevent sticking.
- Pour a tablespoonful of chocolate over each peanut butter cup.
- Place in the fridge to set.
These peanut butter cups will last about a week in an airtight container in the fridge and several months in the freezer.
You can store these in the fridge or freezer. I do not recommend leaving them out on the counter in a container. They'll last longer in the fridge and won't melt.
- I used all natural peanut butter for this. You can use whichever peanut butter you normally use.
- Make the peanut butter center first so that it can firm up in the fridge.
- Pour peanut filling into a plastic wrap lined container for easier cleanup.
- The peanut butter filling will stick to your hands when rolling it. Just wet your hands to prevent sticking.
- If you have extra filling, just divide up the extra and add it to the ones you've already filled. You can also freeze the extra into Peanut Butter Fudge.
- Almond butter to make Creamy Almond Butter Cups
- Sunflower butter
- Cashew butter
- Homemade sweetened condensed coconut milk
- Maple syrup or other sweetener (amounts will be different than recipe because sweetened condensed coconut milk is thicker)
- No-Bake Chocolate Peanut Butter Bars
- Vegan Peanut Butter Swirl Brownies
- Chocolate Peanut Butter Chia Pudding
- Banana, Chocolate and Peanut Butter Dessert Pizza
*Don't forget to come back and leave your feedback and star rating.
Affiliate links below. We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
You May Need
Vegan Peanut Butter Cups
Peanut Butter Filling
- ½ cup peanut butter
- ½ cup sweetened condensed coconut milk (½ of an 11.25 oz can)
- Pinch salt
- 2 cups dark chocolate baking chunks or chocolate chips
- 2 teaspoons coconut oil
Peanut Butter Filling
- Pour sweetened condensed coconut milk, peanut butter, and salt into a saucepan over medium heat. Stir well to combine. Stirring constantly, bring to a simmer. Remove from heat. Let cool.
- Pour into a plastic wrap lined 6x6" baking dish (or similar size). Place in the fridge to set.
- Take the peanut butter filling and roll a heaping tablespoonful in your hands, then flatten into a disc. Place on a parchment lined baking sheet. Repeat with the rest of the filling.
- Place a heat proof bowl over a saucepan filled with water (or use a double boiler). Pour the dark chocolate baking chunks in the bowl over medium heat.
- Stirring constantly, heat chocolate mixture until smooth and melted. Add coconut oil and turn off heat.
- Place 12 cupcake liners in a muffin pan or on a sheet pan. With a tablespoon sized spoon, spread a tablespoonful of melted chocolate into each cupcake liner, spreading chocolate up the sides of the cupcake liner.
- Place peanut butter disc into chocolate filled cupcake liner. Repeat with the rest of the peanut butter filling.
- Pour a heaping tablespoonful of chocolate over each peanut butter filled chocolate cup. Let set in the fridge.
*Note: Nutrition information should be considered an estimate only. Different nutrition calculators give you different results.
Leave a Reply