This Vegan S'mores Pie is sweet and rich. Made with vegan marshmallows, dark chocolate, and a gluten-free graham cracker crust.
This Vegan S'mores Pie is a decadent treat. The chocolate filling is made with dark chocolate and coconut milk. The only baking required is the crust.
The gluten free crust is made with vegan gluten free graham crackers, vegan butter, and brown sugar. It's good enough to eat all by itself.
This pie isn't messy like s'mores and don't fall apart. There's no need for a campfire to make this recipe, but you get all the same flavors.
If you don't have access to a fire pit or campfire, this is the recipe for you!
What Are S'mores Made Of?
S'mores are made with a piece of a chocolate candy bar and marshmallows sandwiched between two graham crackers.
This Vegan S'mores Pie is made with a vegan gluten free graham cracker crust, a vegan chocolate filling, and vegan marshmallows on top.
Are Marshmallows Vegan?
Most marshmallows are not vegan because they contain gelatin. Thanks to companies like Dandies, who make vegan marshmallows, vegans can enjoy them too.
Where Can I Find Vegan Marshmallows?
Whole Foods carries Dandies vegan marshmallows. They can be also be found at many natural grocery stores and on Amazon.
Trader Joe's also has vegan marshmallows. I've never tried them myself. I read somewhere that they are a seasonal item.
- Chocolate: I used dark chocolate baking chunks. You could also use semi-sweet chocolate chips.
- Coconut milk: I used full fat coconut milk.
- Vanilla extract: Enhances flavors.
- Salt: Enhances sweetness.
- Vegan marshmallows: I used large vegan marshmallows, but the small ones would work also.
- Graham cracker crust: I used a homemade vegan gluten free graham cracker crust. If you don't need the crust to be gluten free, you could follow the recipe with regular graham crackers. You could also use a store-bought crust.
This is an overview of the ingredients. To see the full list of ingredients with measurements and instructions, see the recipe card at the bottom of this post.
📖 Variations / Additions
- Graham cracker crumbs sprinkled on top
- Chocolate chips or cacao powder (or cocoa powder) sprinkled on top
- Store-bought graham cracker crust
- Homemade vegan marshmallows or vegan marshmallow fluff
5 Secrets to Transforming Tofu
FREE 5 part email series to help you cook tofu like a pro.
We respect your privacy. Unsubscribe at any time.
Step 3: Once melted, add coconut milk, vanilla extract, and salt. Heat until coconut milk is dissolved, about 2 minutes. Whisk to combine.
Step 4: Pour chocolate cream filling into a cooled graham cracker pie crust.
Step 5: Add sliced vegan marshmallows to the top and place in the fridge to set.
Step 6: Broil in the oven for a couple of minutes to toast the marshmallows. Alternatively, you could use a culinary torch.
Place back in the fridge to set before serving.
- A culinary torch is the easiest way to brown the marshmallows, but if you don't have one, a broiler works just as good.
- Don't preheat the broiler too long. I preheated mine for about 5 minutes. That way you won't have burnt marshmallows.
- Keep an eye on the time when broiling the marshmallows! They brown really fast. I checked on mine after 1 minute, then roasted them for another minute. By then they were starting to get dark as you can see from the photos.
Vegan S'mores Pie
- Slice vegan marshmallows in half along the bias. Set aside.
- Place a heat proof bowl over a saucepan filled with water (or use a double boiler). Pour the dark chocolate chunks in the bowl over medium heat.
- Stirring constantly, heat chocolate mixture until smooth and melted.
- Pour coconut milk, vanilla extract, and salt into bowl with melted chocolate. Heat through until coconut milk is dissolved, about 2 minutes.
- Remove from the heat. Pour chocolate mixture into crust.
- Add sliced marshmallows to the top of the pie with cut sized down. Place in the fridge to set, 2-3 hours.
- Preheat oven broiler about 5 minutes on low.
- Place pie in broiler (to toast the marshmallows). Broil pie for 1 minute and check on it. Broil pie another 1 minute if needed. Place back in the fridge to set, 2-3 hours.
*Note: Nutrition information should be considered an estimate only. Different nutrition calculators give you different results.