This rich and creamy Vegan Shamrock Shake is the minty treat you're going to want this St. Patrick's Day! Made with all natural green color.
This sweet Vegan Shamrock Shake is not only better than its namesake, it's one of the best vegan shakes I've ever had. Yup, it's that good.
This shake has just the right amount of mint. It is rich and creamy from coconut milk and sweetened condensed coconut milk.
It gets its green color from match green tea powder and spirulina powder. You could use just one, but I like the color of the two of them combined.
No, this vegan copycat shamrock shake is not a healthy smoothie. This is a dessert to be enjoyed on special occasions or cheat days, and it's totally worth it.
This mint milkshake would make a great cocktail. Perfect for a St. Patrick's Day party.
The container on the left in the photo below is with 1 teaspoon of matcha green tea powder. The container on the right is with 1 teaspoon spirulina powder.
If you're going to use spirulina powder, I would use a little less than what's listed. As you can see the spirulina made the ice cream a dark blue green color.
Both were taken before blending in a blender, so the speckles you see won't be there in the final product.
Other Vegan Treats
- Strawberry Kombucha Float with Vegan Banana Coconut Ice Cream
- Double Chocolate Frozen Yogurt Bites
- Dark Cherry Acai Vegan Frozen Yogurt
- Chocolate Peanut Butter Chia Pudding Popsicles
As you can see in the photo below, the mix of matcha green tea powder and spirulina powder make a beautiful minty green color.
This rich and creamy Vegan Shamrock Shake is the minty treat you're going to want this St. Patrick's Day! Made with all natural green color. Click To Tweet
Tips for Making A Vegan Shamrock Shake
- Freeze the mint ice cream overnight. It takes a long time to freeze because of the high sugar content in the sweetened condensed coconut milk.
- Then you can mix in the almond milk to your desired consistency.
- Top with coconut whipped cream, chocolate syrup, chopped chocolate, or whatever you like.
Vegan Shamrock Shake Recipe
This refreshing mint milkshake is super easy to make. The whole family will love it!
*Don't forget to come back and leave your feedback and star rating.
Affiliate links below. We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
This is the Nutribullet that I have. It's perfect for making this vegan shake. Without it, the matcha and spirulina powders wouldn't mix in as well.
Vegan Shamrock Shake
Mint Ice cream
- 11.25 ounces sweetened condensed coconut milk (1 cup)
- 1 cup coconut milk full fat
- 1/2 teaspoon Everyday Matcha 100% Japanese Green Tea Powder, Sen Cha naturals,One bag, 1 LB" target="_blank" rel="nofollow">matcha green tea powder*
- 1/2 teaspoon spirulina powder*
- 1/2 teaspoon peppermint extract
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Pinch salt
- 1/2 cup unsweetened almond milk
- Mint Ice cream: Mix all ingredients in a Nutribullet or high speed blender except almond milk. Freeze overnight.
- Shake: Mix mint ice cream with almond milk.
*Note: Nutrition information should be considered an estimate only. Different nutrition calculators give you different results.