This rich and creamy Vegan Shamrock Shake is the minty treat you're going to want this St. Patrick's Day! Made with all natural green color.
This sweet Vegan Shamrock Shake is not only better than its namesake, but it's also one of the best vegan shakes I've ever had. Yup, it's that good.
This shake has just the right amount of mint. It is rich and creamy from coconut milk and sweetened condensed coconut milk.
It gets its green color from matcha green tea powder and spirulina powder. You could use just one, but I like the color of the two of them combined.
No, this vegan copycat shamrock shake is not a healthy smoothie. This is a dessert to be enjoyed on special occasions or cheat days, and it's totally worth it.
This mint milkshake would make a great cocktail. Perfect for a St. Patrick's Day party.
This refreshing mint milkshake is super easy to make. The whole family will love it! Another milkshake recipe to try is my Vegan Strawberry Shake.
❤️ Why You'll Love It
- It is sweet, rich, and creamy.
- It is simple and easy to make.
- It has the perfect balance of flavors.
- Sweetened condensed coconut milk: Adds a sweet, rich creamy texture.
- Coconut milk: Adds a rich creamy texture.
- Spirulina and matcha green tea powder: Together add a beautiful green color. You can also use just one or the other.
- Peppermint extract: Adds a peppermint flavor.
- Vanilla extract: Enhances flavors.
- Salt: Enhances sweetness.
- Almond milk: To thin the ice cream into a shake. You could use your favorite dairy-free milk.
This is an overview of the ingredients. To see the full list of ingredients with measurements and instructions, see the recipe card at the bottom of this post.
The container on the left in the photo below is with 1 teaspoon of matcha green tea powder. The container on the right is with 1 teaspoon of spirulina powder.
If you're going to use spirulina powder, I would use a little less than what's listed. As you can see the spirulina made the ice cream a dark blue-green color.
Both were taken before blending in a blender, so the speckles you see won't be there in the final product.
5 Secrets to Vegan Cooking
Free 5 Part Email Series to Elevate Your Vegan Cooking
We respect your privacy. Unsubscribe at any time.
Step 1: Mix all the ice cream ingredients. Place in the freezer overnight.
Step 2: Mix the mint ice cream with almond milk until smooth and creamy.
As you can see in the photo below, the mix of matcha green tea powder and spirulina powder make a beautiful minty green color.
- Freeze the mint ice cream overnight. It takes a long time to freeze because of the high sugar content in the sweetened condensed coconut milk.
- Then you can mix in the almond milk to your desired consistency.
- Top with coconut whipped cream, chocolate syrup, chopped chocolate, or whatever you like.
👩🏻🍳 Recipe FAQs
A Shamrock Shake has a mint flavor. This Vegan Shamrock Shake is made with homemade vegan mint ice cream and almond milk.
I used spirulina powder and matcha green tea powder to give this Shamrock Shake a natural green color. You could also use just one or the other.
Other Vegan Treats
If you tried this Vegan Shamrock Shake Recipe or any other recipe on my website, please leave a ⭐️ star rating and let me know how you like it in the 💬 comments below. I love hearing from you!
Vegan Shamrock Shake
Mint Ice cream
- ½ cup unsweetened almond milk
*Note: Nutrition information should be considered an estimate only. Different nutrition calculators give you different results.