This no-churn Vegan S'mores Ice Cream is rich and creamy. Made with toasted marshmallows it has all the flavors of s'mores in ice cream form.
You don't need an ice cream maker for this Vegan S'mores Ice Cream! It's made in minutes in a food processor.
Waiting for it to freeze so you can eat it is the hard part.
The toasted vegan marshmallows make this Vegan S'mores Ice Cream taste like s'mores. I highly recommend toasting them. It's not a step you want to skip!
Another s'mores recipe that doesn't require a campfire is Vegan S'mores Pie. It is made with a Vegan Gluten Free Graham Cracker Crust that is good all by itself!
🍫 What Are S'mores Made Of?
S'mores are made with a chocolate candy bar and marshmallows sandwiched between two graham crackers.
This Vegan S'mores Ice Cream is made with coconut milk, sweetened condensed coconut milk, vegan gluten free graham crackers, vegan marshmallows, and vegan dark chocolate baking chunks.
🌱 Are Marshmallows Vegan?
Most marshmallows are not vegan because they contain gelatin. Thanks to companies like Dandies, who make vegan marshmallows, vegans can enjoy them too.
Where Can I Find Vegan Marshmallows?
Whole Foods carries Dandies vegan marshmallows. They can be also be found at many natural grocery stores and on Amazon.
I read that Trader Joe's has vegan marshmallows, but that they are a seasonal item. I've never tried them myself.
What Graham Crackers Are Vegan and Gluten Free?
For this recipe I used Kinnikinnick S'moreables Graham Style Crackers. The only other brand that I've seen that makes vegan gluten free graham crackers is Nairn's Oat Grahams.
Both are delicious. They can be found at natural grocery stores and on Amazon. I buy both brands at my local Sprout's.
- Full fat coconut milk: Makes a great ice cream base. It's rich and creamy.
- Sweetened condensed coconut milk: Adds more creaminess and a wonderful sweet rich flavor.
- Vanilla extract: Because of course! It adds a nuanced floral note that's difficult to describe.
- Toasted vegan marshmallows: The key word here is toasted. It isn't s'mores ice cream without the toasted marshmallows!
- Dark chocolate baking chunks: For a deep rich chocolaty flavor. You could also use chocolate chips.
- Vegan Gluten free graham crackers: To add some crunch. I used gluten free because I am gluten intolerant. You could use whatever your favorite is.
5 Secrets to Transforming Tofu
FREE 5 part email series to help you cook tofu like a pro.
We respect your privacy. Unsubscribe at any time.
- In a food processor combine coconut milk, sweetened condensed coconut milk, vanilla extract, and salt. Place in the freezer for a few hours. You don't want to freeze it completely because you're going to fold in the s'mores ingredients.
- Toast vegan mini marshmallows on a parchment lined baking sheet in a broiler on low.
- Chop dark chocolate baking chunks.
- Fold the chopped dark chocolate chunks, toasted vegan mini marshmallows, and crushed graham crackers into the ice cream. Freeze.
This vegan ice cream will last about a month in a freezer safe container in the freezer. Homemade vegan ice cream doesn't last as long as store-bought.
📖 Variations / Additions
- Cacao powder (or cocoa powder) or melted chocolate mixed into the ice cream base
- Chocolate sauce in place of the dark chocolate baking chunks
- Nuts: walnuts, almonds, hazelnuts, peanuts
- Unless you don't like the taste of toasted marshmallows, don't skip toasting them! It may be tempting to skip this step, but it's what makes this ice cream taste like s'mores.
- Let the mixture partially freeze before adding the toasted vegan marshmallows, chocolate chunks, and crushed graham crackers. That way they won't sink to the bottom.
🍦 Other Vegan Ice Cream Recipes
*Don't forget to come back and leave your feedback and star rating.
Affiliate links below. We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
🧂 You May Need
Vegan S'mores Ice Cream
- 13.5 ounces full fat coconut milk (1 ¾ cup)
- 11.25 ounces sweetened condensed coconut milk (1 cup)
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- Pinch salt
- ¾ cup vegan mini marshmallows
- ½ cup dark chocolate baking chunks or chocolate chips
- ½ cup crushed vegan gluten free graham crackers
- In a food processor mix coconut milk, sweetened condensed coconut milk, vanilla extract, and salt. Freeze partially (several hours).
- Preheat oven broiler about 5 minutes on low.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Spread vegan mini marshmallows on top. Broil for 1 minute and check on it. Broil another 1-2 minutes if needed. Let cool.
- Chop dark chocolate baking chunks into desired sized pieces.
- Fold chopped dark chocolate baking chunks, toasted vegan mini marshmallows, and crushed vegan gluten free graham crackers into ice cream mixture. Freeze.
*Note: Nutrition information should be considered an estimate only. Different nutrition calculators give you different results.
Leave a Reply